Please allow us to remap to SIDE and SCROLLWHEEL MOUSE BUTTONS!

by BlackBriar80

Original Post

Please allow us to remap to SIDE and SCROLLWHEEL MOUSE BUTTONS!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Why can't I map 'search' to mouse 4?  Why can't I map 'jump' to middle scroll button??

We should be able as pc players to remap functions to our side and scrollwheel buttons.  It's been a standard in pc gaming for over a decade.

I'm sure this issue has been already mentioned, but it needs repeating.  It's been nearly a month.  There has been ZERO mention of it by Bioware, anywhere,  for any upcoming patch or hotfix.  And this should have been available at launch!

A simple Google search would have been enough to illustrate why this needed to be a priority for PC players.  WE ALL HAVE THESE BUTTONS

Battlefield 4, which uses the SAME ENGINE as Inquisition, allowed this on day 1.  There is NO WAY it is an engine limiation.  That means it was forgotton, correct?

Bioware, you had this available day 1 for Dragon Age Origins, nearly 6 years ago!

Please make this a priority for pc gamers in the next patch!

Message 1 of 7 (920 Views)

Re: Please allow us to remap to SIDE and SCROLLWHEEL MOUSE BUTTONS!

★★ Pro

@BlackBriar80 wrote:

Why can't I map 'search' to mouse 4?  Why can't I map 'jump' to middle scroll button??

We should be able as pc players to remap functions to our side and scrollwheel buttons.  It's been a standard in pc gaming for over a decade.

I'm sure this issue has been already mentioned, but it needs repeating.  It's been nearly a month.  There has been ZERO mention of it by Bioware, anywhere,  for any upcoming patch or hotfix.  And this should have been available at launch!

A simple Google search would have been enough to illustrate why this needed to be a priority for PC players.  WE ALL HAVE THESE BUTTONS

Battlefield 4, which uses the SAME ENGINE as Inquisition, allowed this on day 1.  There is NO WAY it is an engine limiation.  That means it was forgotton, correct?

Bioware, you had this available day 1 for Dragon Age Origins, nearly 6 years ago!

Please make this a priority for pc gamers in the next patch!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 7 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Are there any DEVs who can at least confirm that this request has been submitted to the patching team?

Is this at least possible?  (Assume I haven't played BF4 and already know that it's possible)

Message 3 of 7 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA?  Are you guys reading these posts? 

Does Bioware know of this problem, Yes or No???

Message 4 of 7 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bumping this.

Sorry if it's been included elsewhere.

Message 5 of 7 (816 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please don't bump posts, especially not off-topic ones. Answer HQ is a peer-to-peer forum. If you want to submit feedback, go to the BioWare forums at http://forums.bioware.com .

Edit: Comment is outdated since the BioWare forums don't exist anymore.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 7 (808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem 2017 and still no fix XD Wow good job EA way to prove the rumors true that you just want your damn money and could not care less about your customers. The internet is littered with posts telling you about these problems and you have done nothing. I'm so glad Dragon age is the only game I have purchased from them cause they won't be getting anymore of my money. I hope more people boycott EA games as well. 

Message 7 of 7 (616 Views)