Play Button is Grayed out

by PlatypusPirate

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Play Button is Grayed out

★★★ Newbie

First time i bought Dragon Age i played for a few hours then stopped. A few monthes ago i tried to play it again but it wouldnt start and I didnt care enough. Now whenever I try to play in origin the play button is grayed out. Ive tried reinstalling it three times, repairing it, updating origin, turning off my firewall and anitivirus. If i try booting it straight from the folder on my hard drive nothing happens. Ive restarted my computer. Ive reinstalled origin. Nothing ive done so far has changed this. It also only happens with Dragon Age. I am able to play battlefield just fine. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,979 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play Button is Grayed out

IF reinstalling Origin, clearing cache, and reinstalling DAI haven't worked, then you have an odd issue.  The one time I ran into something like this on my machine, it was a legacy process left over that didn't shut down properly and I had to go into task manager in Win10 open the advanced features of it, and find the process listed under Details tab and close it.  Other than that, have you tried the clean boot??  Clean boot being a temporary reduced program boot load that helps weed out cross program interference.  Also make sure your anti-virus hasn't moved or placed DAI into a restricted or quarantined status.  Also check to make sure you don't have any mods or mod folders that could be interfering with DAI.  Also make sure DAI is completely installed, has no further downloads that may be paused or something stupid like that....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,108 Views)

All Replies

Re: Play Button is Grayed out

IF reinstalling Origin, clearing cache, and reinstalling DAI haven't worked, then you have an odd issue.  The one time I ran into something like this on my machine, it was a legacy process left over that didn't shut down properly and I had to go into task manager in Win10 open the advanced features of it, and find the process listed under Details tab and close it.  Other than that, have you tried the clean boot??  Clean boot being a temporary reduced program boot load that helps weed out cross program interference.  Also make sure your anti-virus hasn't moved or placed DAI into a restricted or quarantined status.  Also check to make sure you don't have any mods or mod folders that could be interfering with DAI.  Also make sure DAI is completely installed, has no further downloads that may be paused or something stupid like that....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (2,109 Views)