Patch 3 Shield Bug

by hellshadow321

Original Post

Re: Patch 3 Shield Bug

★ Apprentice

I can confirm that it is fixed. Thanks Bioware. It's not really a hot fix, but a fix nonetheless. :D

Message 51 of 55 (577 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Patch 6 and this bug is still around, just tried to craft a 64 defence shield (believe it was a gray warden one) and when I looked at it in my inventory it was '0' defence, have a feeling it's a shield schematic I got with the DLC so the previous fix might not work with them.

Message 52 of 55 (421 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The bug is still there! I tried several times to craft the Masterwork Grey Warden Shield but everytime it results in a shield with 0 defense. I tried exiting and reloading the game without success. The shield I have been using is a different crafted shield but does not seem to be bugged, so I suspect as Asqwolf said, the bug might be specific to the DLC items. This is a shame because I could really use the Grey Warden shield right now. It would be a significant improvement compared to my previous shield... Is this bug ever going to be fixed or would I be wasting my time if I waited for a patch?
Message 53 of 55 (399 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried other shield recipes today and they also produce shields with 0 defense. Apparently I can't craft any shields, which is a major bummer because my main character and two of my favorite companions are also 1H+Shield users... I have Origin set to automatically keep games up-to-date so I don't know what my options are currently. I guess I'll open an EA support ticket because the game is broken without the ability to craft shields.
Message 54 of 55 (385 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I spent about 3 hours with EA chat support (worked with RajKumar and Burgesh). RajKumar had me perform the following steps: 1. "Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit. Delete the following folders: All the files in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent - Found in C:\ProgramData\ Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them." 2. "Delete temporary files for windows." 3. "Repair game install by right-clicking and repairing game files." 4. "Now perform clean boot . Navigate to the desktop. Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.) Type msconfig and press Enter. In System Configuration, select the Services tab. Check the Hide all Microsoft Services box and click the Disable all button. Select the Startup tab. Click the Disable All button, then click the Apply button. Restart computer." Unfortunately, none of these steps fixed the problem. My crafted shields still result in 0 defense. I believe the game needs a patch to address it.
Message 55 of 55 (373 Views)