PS4 Left Thumbstick not working right in menus

by jbennett1128

Original Post

PS4 Left Thumbstick not working right in menus

★★★ Newbie

Okay so this is a weird problem and I haven't seen anyone else with it so far: 

When in any DA:I menu, including the title screen, my left thumbstick will only work down and to the right. Up and to the left does nothing 95% of the time - but if I just keep trying it, eventually it might go. My left thumbstick works perfectly in every game I have, and while actually playing the game, it works fine, too - this bug ONLY occurs in the menus, including single player and multiplayer, inventory screens, skill screens, etc.  It's almost completely gamebreaking. Please help. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,640 Views)

Re: PS4 Left Thumbstick not working right in menus

★★★ Newbie

It's happening to me too.  Very annoying.  When I move the stick to make my character move forward, my characters just randomly stops, and I have to jiggle the stick to make him move again.  This isn't a rare occurance.  It's constantly happening.  Glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening too. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still an issue.  Can't believe I spent $60 on this pos game.  It's probably the buggiest game I've ever played.  I can't move forward using the left controller.  God forbid I try and use the option wheel.  The game is constantly freezing, and when the game loads, I can see the black boxes that are supposed to be hidden by the background.  Dragon Age 2 should have been a clue for me.  Can't believe I fell for this a second time.  

Patch did nothing for me except make everything worse.  Gah!

Message 3 of 6 (1,599 Views)

★★ Novice

Almost same problem mine is left and right I can get the left to work if I kinda roll it but the right is a no go. Also when in conversation wheel cant move to the left or right, and when playing the character it "walks" if i use just the left stick to walk right.....very strange I have a case up about hope to hear soon.

Message 4 of 6 (1,576 Views)

★ Novice

I have exact same problem too. It works in any other game and ps menus as normal as it should so it's just weird. Although I noticed that I didn't had that in my first play through with casual difficulty and no trials at start. With my current game however with nightmare difficulty and a few trials(fair-weathered friends, take it slow, even ground, travel light, grizzly end) enabled right from the start, I got that problem so I'm thinking it might be trial related.

Message 5 of 6 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought this game a while back never really played it because i was fixated on work and other things. However i decided to play it today and have decided to sell it to a pawn shop tomorrow. All because EA refuses to come up with a solution. I have scoured the internet to find an answer and even used a brand new controller. All to find there is no answer and the issue resides in the game itself.

Message 6 of 6 (833 Views)