Re: PS4 - Hawke gender swapped.

by absolutgrndzer0

Original Post

PS4 - Hawke gender swapped.

★★★ Newbie
When using Dragon Age keep, I imported my male Hawke. Now, when I meet him, I find that HE is now a SHE. I double-checked my world state in Dragon Age keep and confirmed that my custom (male) Hawke is indeed selected.
Message 1 of 8 (658 Views)

★ Guide

@Ludicrum wrote:
When using Dragon Age keep, I imported my male Hawke. Now, when I meet him, I find that HE is now a SHE. I double-checked my world state in Dragon Age keep and confirmed that my custom (male) Hawke is indeed selected.

That sucks... while I didn't have that issue (or the voice issue since I used the default voice already) Morrigan thinks my female Warden (Alistair's Queen) who stabbed her is her male lover.

Message 2 of 8 (644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was highly annoyed, but I got over it quickly. I'll just pretend that this is an alternate universe in which my Hawke was a woman. Still, I wonder what caused that. My Hawke romanced Anders. Maybe that caused the Keep to think he's a woman? Whatever the case, I'm just glad this is the worst bug I've encountered. Annoying, but not game breaking.
Message 3 of 8 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Ludicrum wrote:
I was highly annoyed, but I got over it quickly. I'll just pretend that this is an alternate universe in which my Hawke was a woman. Still, I wonder what caused that. My Hawke romanced Anders. Maybe that caused the Keep to think he's a woman? Whatever the case, I'm just glad this is the worst bug I've encountered. Annoying, but not game breaking.

@Well, no it's PROBABLY not a problem in the keep, its a game problem.  Be sure to let Bioware know to look into it.  To be sure that it's the Keep itself or not, you can check on your world state in the Keep now.  Go to the Keep and on the left menu select "World States" then click to the right and you should see "Playthrough States" @dragonagekeep told me about it when I was talking to them about my Morrigan bug.  I was able to verify that the actual world state being uploaded from DAI is correct, it's just for some reason Morrigan's "Hero of Ferelden is my lover and son's father" dialogue is triggering instead of the "That **bleep** stabbed me!" which is what she should be saying.

Message 4 of 8 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Confirmed. I followed your instructions and the world state does indeed show Hawke as male. This is clearly a bug in the game, not the keep. Here I thought I made some kind of mistake when using the Keep. Anyway, I'll submit a report to Bioware about this issue.

Message 5 of 8 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't seem to find a form or e-mail address I can use to submit a bug report. There's a live chat, but I don't have an hour to wait for a representative (I'm heading out soon and will be busy for a while). Can someone direct me to some means in which I can send a message to them?

Message 6 of 8 (545 Views)

★ Guide

@Ludicrum wrote:

I can't seem to find a form or e-mail address I can use to submit a bug report. There's a live chat, but I don't have an hour to wait for a representative (I'm heading out soon and will be busy for a while). Can someone direct me to some means in which I can send a message to them?

Honestly, I'm not sure you can anymore.  This site is kind of their thing now... That and the chat.  You might try sending them a tweet.  That's how I got in talks with them about my Morrigan issue.

Message 7 of 8 (521 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happened to me too. And after update 2 it still happens. It's not that big of a deal, but please fix this EA.

Message 8 of 8 (440 Views)