Re: (PS4) Game sometimes stuck during manual saving on 'Verifying Free Space Dat

by Abenadai

Original Post

(PS4) Game sometimes stuck during manual saving on 'Verifying Free Space Data'

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I don't really have a problem, because this happened only twice, but I am a bit worried this might one day bite me hard.

Twice while manually saving, the game started to Verify the Free Space Data, showing the little screen with the circle looping. Usually it shows up just for a second or not at all, but these times it just didn't go away and the game didn't save. I had to restart the game and be glad the autosave function had prevented any progress from being lost and my files weren't corrupted. This happens on the PS4 btw.

First time was in the Hinterlands, close to the Winterwatch Tower. I wanted to save right before attacking the most southern rift. This was after about 20h of gameplay.

Second time was also in the Hinterlands, right after defeating the dragon and taking his loot, wanted to save to of course not have to fight the dragon again. Happened after 36h of gameplay.

I just don't know whether this is something that might happen, whether I should be worried or whether this is a bug or glitch or something. Maybe someone knows how this can be triggered and therefore avoided. I have an anxiety disorder so I can be quite panicky when these kind of things happen and I really don't want this to happen when the autosave function wasn't there to 'save' me.

Thanks in advance at least.

Message 1 of 12 (15,922 Views)

Re: (PS4) Game sometimes stuck during manual saving on 'Verifying Free Space Dat

Community Manager

Hmm, do you have much free HDD space? It might be worth closing down the console fully, then restarting and checking for updates, to ensure that the console is running smoothly. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (15,859 Views)

Re: (PS4) Game sometimes stuck during manual saving on 'Verifying Free Space'

★ Apprentice

I doubt I'll have any space issue as I've only played two other games before Dragon Age Inquisition and the console is about a month old now. I did have three characters, two of them I never used. I deleted them and going to see if that helps anything. Should I get the issue again I'll post it here.

I checked the HDD and I have around 243.9GB left

As for Dragon Age Inquisition the Saved Data consists of 83.89GB currently although that amount could easily have been higher back then.

As for System Software, it's fully up to date.

I'll check both of these the moment it happens again at least.

Message 3 of 12 (15,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just wanted to add that this happened to me at the same spot as the first one you mentioned -- trying to save manually just before attacking the southernmost rift in The Hinterlands.
Message 4 of 12 (15,678 Views)

★ Novice
I realize this is an old post but wanted to say that I have played through this game 4 full times, several hundred hours of game play and it never happened to me, until now. It was also right before a rift. I'm in the old Crestwood in the flooded caves at the moment. Tried to save just in case and it's been trying to save for about 10 minutes now with this message. Maybe it's a coincidence or maybe saving right before a rift can cause this problem?
Message 5 of 12 (15,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nah, I'm at the beginning where you wake up and have to meet Cassandra at the chantry, and it happened to me.
Message 6 of 12 (12,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just playing this now and it happened to me at a rift near redwood farm.
Message 7 of 12 (11,947 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still happening in 2019! :P Just as I was trying to save before a rift @ The Storm Coast near the Watchpost with the giant dwarf statue.

Message 8 of 12 (8,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s 2020 and it’s still happening, no fix on sight...

Message 9 of 12 (7,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

2022, playing on PS5, still no fix. Lol

Message 10 of 12 (4,257 Views)