PC Version Inquisition compatibility with Xbox one controller

by wrcromartie

Original Post

Re: PC Version Inquisition compatibility with Xbox One controller: SOLVED

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got the same isue with the Razer Orbweaver. If the keypad is plugged in the xbox 360 controller won't work. Please solve this isue. Going behind my desk to unplug the keypad to play a game isn't a solution.

BTW please add support to use both keyboard and controller at the same time.

Edit: I found a work around. Thanks to previous poster posting about disabling a hid device. Mine where completly different. I am using windows 7 x64.

Go to device manager -> Human Interface Devices

In my situation there are 2 "HID-Compliant game controller". One is the keypad and the other one is the controller. When I disabled the right one, the controller works in the game. 

Message 51 of 82 (3,085 Views)

Re: PC Version Inquisition compatibility with Xbox one controller

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I had the same problem. I have Razer Nostromo controller and the game doesn't detect the Xbox360 gamepad.
If unplug Nostromo the game works normally.

For now I'm playing without Nostromo Controller.
Please EA fix the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

Message 52 of 82 (3,034 Views)

Re: PC Version Inquisition compatibility with Xbox One controller: SOLVED

★★★★ Novice

Zuperpro, thanks so MUCH! Deleting the Virtual HID in Device Manger under Human Interface Devices was what did the trick for me after EVERYTHING else I tried didn't seem to have an effect.

If you are still having issues, take this suggestion (I also deleted all save game files and profile files, disabled cloud storage, made sure my Nostromo was disconnected, etc. so be sure to get the everything else taken care of too!)

Message 53 of 82 (2,979 Views)

★★ Novice

This is my driver that i am using for me xbox360 controller

DP: Microsoft
DD: 6/21/2006
DV: 6.1.7601.18199
DS: Microsoft Windows

If that don't work this may help as well from  EA_Francois Community Manager

I've accepted your post as solution so as to highlight the workaround for this issue.

Note that more simply, you can just do the following:

Delete <documents>\DA3Game.da3\settings\ProfileOptions_profile which resets user settings to the default
Edit <documents>\DA3Game.da3\settings\ProfileOptions_profile with Notepad and set ‘GstInput.GamePad 0’

The Dragon Age team is aware of this issue and investigating.

Message 54 of 82 (2,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

will they do a patch or not?

Message 55 of 82 (2,689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My 360 controller has stopped working since the latest patch. Working fine with every other games. Game detects my controller but nothing happens when I press start or anything.

1 - Unplugged all other USB

2 - Disabled all others HID or controllers in Device Manager

3 - Controller working fine on all other games.

Coudn't bare the game control with kb+m so unfortunately I would have to wait until it's fixed. Sigh.

Message 56 of 82 (2,621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

WHY just WHY ? how come games these days come broken ? i hate playing this game with kb+m and i cant play it with a controller because you cant make a game right, then you go and put those ridiculous encryption in the exe to justify that the game will be amazing... no bro it isnt because people paid full price for something that half works i expect a patch soon and before you say i got some other peripherals usb that might be interfering i dont i tried every fix possible so umm yeah some free dlc would be nice

Message 57 of 82 (2,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello All,

I had the same problem. The game wasn't recognizing my Xbox 360 controller. Anyway I changed this to : 

<documents>\DA3Game.da3\settings\ProfileOptions_profile with Notepad and set ‘GstInput.GamePad 1’

and it works fine now.

Message 58 of 82 (2,412 Views)

★ Apprentice
make sure if you have a wireless Xbox360 controller when it's normally installed that it has been turned on before you start the game !

I don't know how to use the headset from the 360 controller anyone an idea to use it?
Message 59 of 82 (2,399 Views)

★ Apprentice
Sorry wrong chat
Message 60 of 82 (2,396 Views)