Re: (PC) Unable to load save data - missing DLC

by DainJr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PC) Unable to load save data - missing DLC

★★★★★ Novice

I have played without issue for the last week or so, but when I tried to continue my game yesterday it gave me the error message:

"Unable to load save data as required downloadable content is missing. Please download the content again.

Dragon Age: inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon

Dragon Age: inquisition - The Descent

Dragon Age: inquisition - Tresspasser

The Black Emporium

Spoils of the Avvar

Dragon Age: inquisition - Spoils of the Qunari"

The issue is, I own all of these DLC and all are installed - I went back and uninstalled then reinstalled them to confirm.

If it makes any difference, I am playing through the steam version.

DxDiag - https://hastebin.com/tebiruxeyi.yaml

Message 1 of 40 (14,847 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I also tried everything you listed and now I've basically just asked EA suupport to delete and re-add my game to the my account since I heard it worked for other people. Support said they can only add the origin version to my origin account so I'm assuming I'll only be able to play through origin directly rather than steam, but I don't really care since at least my DLC should hopefully work - I'll update whether it worked or not once I reinstall the game (so in a few hours)

Update: It worked, though (as support said) I have the origin version so play through origin rather than steam.

Alternatively, I've also seen a fix that worked for others playing via steam (although it didn't work for me) listed by 'Nova' in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222690/discussions/0/3113646913568384781/?ctp=2 (I attached a screenshot too but they link to imgur posts within their comment). 

Good luck, hope either of these fixes were helpful.

View in thread

Message 25 of 40 (15,508 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Have you used mods in the past?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 40 (14,829 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Yes, but I haven't added or removed any since I started my most recent game.
Message 3 of 40 (14,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ok, that's not it then, because the game only starts acting weird about game versions and save data once you start uninstalling mods. Tongue out

Have you tried a game repair? On Steam that's called 'verify integrity of game files'. Sometimes that fixes problems that a reinstallation doesn't.

Also, is the game connected to the internet and are you logged into your account? Maybe it doesn't see the DLC because it can't verify ownership.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 40 (14,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Fred_vdpVerifying game files didn't fix it and I am definitely connected. I'm going to try reinstalling the entire game as opposed to just DLC and see if that makes any difference

Edit: it did not make any difference

Message 5 of 40 (14,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here - I've tried wiping the Origin caches, re-downloading the game, repairing the files in Origin, checking the integrity in Steam etc. Nothing fixes it. Spent ages chatting to EA tech support and they haven't been able to fix it either.

Message 6 of 40 (14,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has been three weeks since people started reporting DLC authentication issues in DA-I with no apparent progress on resolving this issue. I have personally contacted EA three times now over this and re-downloaded the 35+gb of game data at least five times. Can I have an assurance by EA representatives that this issue is being taken seriously?

Message 7 of 40 (14,630 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Hi.

You may want to run both Steam and Origin (Both logged in) before playing.

You also should log in through the "Account" tab on Dragon Age Inquisition before loading up a save. 

This will allow your game to successfully reach the EA servers to allow the DLCs to be read. Unfortunately, there is no workaround towards this as this is part of the 3rd Party DRM feature flaired in Red on the Steam page.

Hope this helps~ 

I for one, didn't have a lot of problems playing~

Message 8 of 40 (14,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm glad the game works for you DainJr, but a substantial number of players are locked out of their purchased content right now - myself included. Just FYI, I have done everything you personally outlined; including tried wiping the Origin caches, hunting every single file on the hard drive, re-downloading the game (5 times), repairing the files in Origin, checking the integrity in Steam, performing networking diagnostics, contacting EA literally five times etc. The fault appears to be with Origin and how it authenticates the DLC.

And nothing is being done, apparently.

Message 9 of 40 (14,539 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, EA. Just a reminder that I've been locked out of the expensive game I bought from you for well over a month now. Are you actually doing anything to solve this?

Message 10 of 40 (14,388 Views)