Re: (PC) Unable to load save data - missing DLC

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Last I heard someone got it to work by making sure that Steam shows the DLC installed, and then using the repair function on Origin to fix the install.  Once that was done, it worked for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 40 (4,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i it didn't work, one of my friends says that may be unfixable,i am trying the whole day i wanna play the game but its hard if you have any update please tell me

Message 22 of 40 (4,497 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey

Any solution to this issue yet? I started facing this issue only yesterday. I am playing the game via Game Pass for PC. I've tried hunting for solutions but nothing yet. I was told it might be a Game Pass thing but starting a new game only confirms that all the DLCs (supposedly available on the GOTY edition) are absent from the actual game. I don't know if this is important but this only started happening after my membership renewed.

Cache cleared, Firewall, Antivirus all shut. Logged in on the Game pass and EA account and DA server as well but for some reason the DLCs won't detect.

EA Desktop shows that I own this Add-On (I even played The Descent a couple of days back) but I can't seem to load my old saves (with the DLCs).

This is turning out to be a frustrating ordeal.

Message 23 of 40 (4,339 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just chiming in because I'm also having this issue and tried everything mentioned in this thread + talking to EA support.

The game + DLC worked fine when I was playing with the EA play subscription but as soon as I bought the GOTY edition for myself can't access the DLC even though they're all installed.

Typical EA bs .....

Message 24 of 40 (4,309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I also tried everything you listed and now I've basically just asked EA suupport to delete and re-add my game to the my account since I heard it worked for other people. Support said they can only add the origin version to my origin account so I'm assuming I'll only be able to play through origin directly rather than steam, but I don't really care since at least my DLC should hopefully work - I'll update whether it worked or not once I reinstall the game (so in a few hours)

Update: It worked, though (as support said) I have the origin version so play through origin rather than steam.

Alternatively, I've also seen a fix that worked for others playing via steam (although it didn't work for me) listed by 'Nova' in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222690/discussions/0/3113646913568384781/?ctp=2 (I attached a screenshot too but they link to imgur posts within their comment). 

Good luck, hope either of these fixes were helpful.

Message 25 of 40 (15,747 Views)

★★ Novice

Chiming in with this issue as well.

EA chat support hasn't found any fixes.

Message 26 of 40 (4,183 Views)

★★ Novice

Same goes for me.

No mods, playing through game pass, and all my saves suddenly tells me i'm missing dlcs which I always had.

It seems to be a pretty common problem for many people lately, can you please try to fix it ?

Message 27 of 40 (4,154 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I just bought it this weekend on Steam after playing it on EA Play for bit with no trouble. Now I can't access my old save because I apparently don't have any DLC even though I bought the only version of the game available on steam, which is the Game of the Year Edition that comes with all bonus content and DLC. I've tried everything from reinstalling the game and DLCs to repairing the game and contacting customer support. I even unlinked my steam and origin account, but still no DLC and bonus content in game. I'm currently out of options and just thinking about getting a refund at this point. 

I really hope there is fix for this soon, even though it seems like this issue has now been happening for months now and is looking pretty hopeless with no updates on the matter.

Message 28 of 40 (4,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again, having tried everything under the sun, the thing that finally worked was asking to have the Origin version added to my account. To save time I would suggest you go in the EA chat with a comprehensive list of things you've tried and give them as little chance to suggest unhelpful uninstall/re-install solutions. Have proof of puchase ready and they should be able to add the Origin version to your account as well. I was also give an activation code for Steam, which I haven't tried yet because I honestly don't care how I launch the game as long as it actually works.

I hope this helps! I've been pulling my hair out for a couple of weeks over this and am so happy to finally give my Inquisitor a new haircut with access to Black Emporium lol 

Message 29 of 40 (4,104 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, this happened to me last year, i signed X Box-Game Pass and played DA:O & DA2, i was playing Inquisition in my PC, i think i was already mid-game(or getting in there) and this happened, if i'm not wrong this happened 'cause the game was closed in the wrong way, few months later tryed again with Geforce Now, the same error happened, i excluded my character and started from the beggining, some-time later it happened again and i'm lazy and not gonna play everything again, so if you get your save back, have precaucion when you are shutting down the PC/Game and when the game are saving.

Message 30 of 40 (3,107 Views)