Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [PC] [Patch 11] No error crash on startup.

by uSnSheaffey

Original Post

[PC] [Patch 11] No error crash on startup.

★★★★ Novice

Ever since I downloaded the new patch and bought Trespasser, my will not launch. When I launch DA:I, a windowed screen of the game launches, flashes to fullscreen and back and forth a few times until the inquisition symbol freezes, followed immediately after by the window closing; no errors or anything, it just closes. I have tried a heap of things from repairing the game, deleting and re-downloading the latest patch, restoring the old patch, deleting the save folder, starting the game in windowed mode etc. I have repaired/reinstalled all of the redist packages in the install directory as well. 

This is driving me crazy!

Anyway, Dxdiag: http://hastebin.com/oyocolidob.tex

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Bump Frown

Anyone?

Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If on PC, try removing all mods, including any "Merge" folders.

Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Things to consider doing:

a.  Delete any "merge" folder AND  the current "Patch" folder, then from the EA/Origin main screen choose "Repair" to reinstall the current patch.

b.  Wait a week-or-so for the next patch (rumored to be coming out before the GOTY Edition release) then proceed with step a., above.

[EDIT:  And to prevent any confusion, the current patch is "Patch 10", which results (on the PC) in game version 1.0.0.11.  There was a hotfix between patches 2 and 3 that incremented the version, but didn't get an official Patch designation.]

Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)

Check out the official website

Find information about characters, multiplayer, and DLC packs.

Learn more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help