[PC] [Patch 11] No error crash on startup.

by uSnSheaffey

Original Post

[PC] [Patch 11] No error crash on startup.

★★★★ Novice

Ever since I downloaded the new patch and bought Trespasser, my will not launch. When I launch DA:I, a windowed screen of the game launches, flashes to fullscreen and back and forth a few times until the inquisition symbol freezes, followed immediately after by the window closing; no errors or anything, it just closes. I have tried a heap of things from repairing the game, deleting and re-downloading the latest patch, restoring the old patch, deleting the save folder, starting the game in windowed mode etc. I have repaired/reinstalled all of the redist packages in the install directory as well. 

This is driving me crazy!

Anyway, Dxdiag: http://hastebin.com/oyocolidob.tex

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)

Re: [PC] [Patch 11] No error crash on startup.

★★★★ Novice

Bump Frown

Anyone?

Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)

★★★ Novice

If on PC, try removing all mods, including any "Merge" folders.

Message 3 of 4 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Things to consider doing:

a.  Delete any "merge" folder AND  the current "Patch" folder, then from the EA/Origin main screen choose "Repair" to reinstall the current patch.

b.  Wait a week-or-so for the next patch (rumored to be coming out before the GOTY Edition release) then proceed with step a., above.

[EDIT:  And to prevent any confusion, the current patch is "Patch 10", which results (on the PC) in game version 1.0.0.11.  There was a hotfix between patches 2 and 3 that incremented the version, but didn't get an official Patch designation.]

Message 4 of 4 (317 Views)