[PC] Ongoing investigation - poor performance, crashes, resource allocation.

by DeltaAgent26

Original Post

Re: [PC] Ongoing investigation - poor performance, crashes, resource allocation.

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Month 11 

Still no pc performance updates or patches.

Still no SLI updates or patches

Still no hardware updates or patches

Still no mission bug/glitch updates or patches.

Why the hell are you putting out Downloadable content,

when the base-game major issues still aren't fixed?

Vershell March, no exit or fast travel out.

Constant requisition resets

Game is still not fully completable in it's current state.

(performance issues still being experienced)

stutters, lags and hangs during combat, turning, and when using search function repeatedly or during auto saves, transitioning cells while exploring.

still getting sli texture - artifacting/flickering on terrain and trees/grass with SLI and 355.60 or later drivers (have tried 355.60, 355.82 and 355.98.) 

Message 881 of 894 (1,831 Views)

Re: [PC] Ongoing investigation - poor performance, crashes, resource allocation.

★★ Pro

Month 13. (Dec. 2015)

SLI flicker still occurring.

Still getting lags, hangs and freezes during gameplay.

Still no Nvidia compatibility update for post GT_ 400 series cards.

Still no fix for _60 series cards.

Still no performance update.

Still no broken quest fixes. (i.e. Verchiel March (sp?)))

Still no fix for infinite requisition resets.

Apart from that...

Please go to the very first post of this thread for some fixes and workarounds, 

and general information.

Message 882 of 894 (1,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game 2 years after it was released and I've seen alpha games that run better. the game itself is great but it is literally unplayable at this point no matter what fixes I try I cannot play for more than 15 mins at a time without crashing. I have had good and bad experiences with EA in the past and I always thought that they just saw their customers as a cash farm and nothing more and this game proves me right. Why would they even bother fixing it because even if the game is actually unplayable they still have your money and they could care less whether they actually delivered a solid product to their consumers. I love some of the games that EA has put out but this is basically a Giant middle finger to every fan who payed for a game that dosnt work and honestly im never buying another game from EA because even if I like the game I am always going to have to worry about paying 40-80$ on a worthless unplayable game like this. Its a shame too with all the effort they put into Inquisition's story and game play to then completely wreck the game by not only releasing it unfinished but then not even fix the any of the problems 2 years after and when you've released multiple dlc's for it. I would have considered a 5 Star rating for inquisition because i love the dragon age games more than any other series but i cant even give it 1 because it dosn't work and EA should be ashamed of this gross abuse of their fans.

Message 883 of 894 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fatalxtacos Keep in mind that this problem affects only a very small minority of the players, so this is in no way a case of negligence as was the case in games such as Assassin's Creed: Unity or Batman: Arkham Knight. For the vast majority, this game runs very smoothly, so it's impossible to say if your particular issues are on BioWare's end or yours unless you post a new thread with a proper problem report.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-ques...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 884 of 894 (1,330 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

the game is unplayable and i have a good computer. i will wait future technology to resolve this issue. is clear that is a game problem. i played other games and i have no troubles.is lagy but it show 60 fps and settings dont work.

Message 885 of 894 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I understand that this is by no means a problem solely with EA and with this Game in Particular however I was stating that the problems affected a large portion of players negatively, especially PC users,  and some like myself in a game breaking way. I realize that its almost impossible to make a game launch without problems and bugs and am fully willing to take occasional crashes and slow fps at times but this is a big issue that makes the game unplayable and one that should have been addressed by now especially since they released dlc for it. it is very unprofessional and makes me question any games that they release in the future.

Message 886 of 894 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@fatalxtacos wrote:

I understand that this is by no means a problem solely with EA and with this Game in Particular however I was stating that the problems affected a large portion of players negatively, especially PC users,  and some like myself in a game breaking way. I realize that its almost impossible to make a game launch without problems and bugs and am fully willing to take occasional crashes and slow fps at times but this is a big issue that makes the game unplayable and one that should have been addressed by now especially since they released dlc for it. it is very unprofessional and makes me question any games that they release in the future.

The reason that this game was broken for so many PC users was that the game was originally designed for consoles, which are a closed system with a fixed set characteristics, as where PCs have infinite configurations that cannot all be accounted for. The PC version was/is just a REALLY, REALLY, bad port over from console.

However, if you read the original post of this thread, there are things that can be done, to minimize, or reduce the crashing, and to improve performance, and to be able to get the game to at least launch without crashing.

I am no fanboy, nor am I defending the developer.

I am also very disenchanted with the way developers, studios, and publishers, lie, cheat, and steal from their consumers

The way they falsely advertise and market their products, and have very little or no quality assurance, and are able to

release broken, bugged, and glitchy, games and expect the consumer to do all the testing for them without compensation to the consumer.

Message 887 of 894 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No way in hell I'd dumb down my system and put such an ancient Nvidia driver to run one game..Delete the * and move on, if you payed, get a refund. I don't wait for patches to play a game I just bought..I payed for a working product not a work in progress. I owned Call Of Duty IW for 7 hours..Just like this game it wont run and I have 1080 GTX and AMD 8 core, 32 GB RAM, raid 0+1 250 GB SD, etc, etc,etc..I dont think I want to buy a game like this from origin, Steam I KNOW will give me a refund without delay or issues...Too many of these products are being thrust on the market unfinished and untested, we pay for a full price game not for promises..When I invested $20 in Rust , I knew I was getting a work in progress and though progress is slow, Ive certainly got my $20 worth. Ive returned 4 games this year because they are not playable for various reasons. I wont buy an AMD graphics card just to get a game to boot, nor screw up every other game on my system trying to get one to run. and it's just not acceptable anymore.

Message 888 of 894 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Cataclysmias wrote:

No way in hell I'd dumb down my system and put such an ancient Nvidia driver to run one game..Delete the * and move on, if you payed, get a refund. I don't wait for patches to play a game I just bought..I payed for a working product not a work in progress. I owned Call Of Duty IW for 7 hours..Just like this game it wont run and I have 1080 GTX and AMD 8 core, 32 GB RAM, raid 0+1 250 GB SD, etc, etc,etc..I dont think I want to buy a game like this from origin, Steam I KNOW will give me a refund without delay or issues...Too many of these products are being thrust on the market unfinished and untested, we pay for a full price game not for promises..When I invested $20 in Rust , I knew I was getting a work in progress and though progress is slow, Ive certainly got my $20 worth. Ive returned 4 games this year because they are not playable for various reasons. I wont buy an AMD graphics card just to get a game to boot, nor screw up every other game on my system trying to get one to run. and it's just not acceptable anymore.

This thread was originally started over two years ago.

I would actually suggest trying more recent drivers, as I think a few of them actually directly addressed issues with this specific game.

Moreover, the game has been patched a few more times since this thread was originally posted, however, I am not completely sure if there ever was a performance patch.

I never said anywhere in this thread, that this thread, was the answer to getting your game running, nor did I ever say you had to do anything mentioned in this thread.

They are all merely suggestions to be used at your own risk, and discretion.

Or to give you an idea of things to try.

As a PC user, that has had SLI and/or Crossfire systems, with fairly high-end hardware in general, I totally agree that we should never have to "dumb down" our systems.

It totally defeats the reason and purpose as to why we build these systems in the first place.... 

Why would I or should I even need or want to disable SLI/Crossfire, when you lose the benefits of having multiple gfx cards in the first place?

Why would I or should I even need or want to UNDERCLOCK, my ram, cpu, gpu, or any other piece of hardware, when I lose the benefit of the speed and performance of that hardware?

That's the whole thing wrong with developers today.... they think that porting software from one platform to another will not have any issues...

they take the cheap route, and just change a few lines of code, or use some sort of emulation software to get it to work on other platforms...

when they should just code the entire thing in the proper language that each platform requires.

Yes, it would be more expensive to produce, but in the long run, they'd lose much less revenue in returns and such..

and it would be easier to troubleshoot in the original code or language rather than having to recompile through emulation software. 

Message 889 of 894 (1,032 Views)

★ Novice

It's 2020 and this game still has these issues regardless of the hardware used.

Message 890 of 894 (397 Views)