[PC] Logitech F310 Controller Not Working

by celes126

Original Post

[PC] Logitech F310 Controller Not Working

★★★ Newbie

I'm having some problems with my Logitech gamepad in DA: I.  It reconizes that it's there and everything but when I switch it to gamepad mode none of the buttons work except the R1 and R2 buttons.  Those are also incorrectly assigned as the A and B buttons.  I reinstalled the drivers and the gamepad works when I play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.  Not sure what else I can do or what the problem is.

Message 1 of 8 (11,114 Views)

Re: [PC] Logitech F310 Controller Not Working

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with a logitech dual action gamepad and it seems other people on the forum are having problems with logitech gamepads as well. It seems there's a problem with the game autobinding keys for the gamepads. Nothing we can really do since xboxce doesn't with the game, we'll just have to wait for a patch.

Message 2 of 8 (11,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here for me. Such a big disappointment for a big game like this. 

Message 3 of 8 (10,967 Views)

★★ Novice

This issue is happening to me as well, I prefer using my F310.

Thinking it was my gamepad though, I tried two other gamepads - a Razer XBOX 360 controller and a Saitek, both had the same results.

Message 4 of 8 (10,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It seems to be aproblem with usb 3.0. When plugged in to ausb 2.0 port it works fine. The problem is some computers only have 3.0 ports.
Message 5 of 8 (10,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YO YO YO YO YO Found a fix. Peep dis. http://www.fixeszone.com/fix-game/dragon-age-inquisition-gamepad-issue-or-gamepad-not-working-fix-th...

Beta version of xbox360ce works like a charm! 

Cheers. 

Message 6 of 8 (10,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this exact problem too. 

On the bottom of the controller, switch the slider from "D" over to "X".

I don't know what this does, but it works now.

The controls take a little getting used to, yet I find the controller to far more enjoyable to move with.

Message 7 of 8 (10,805 Views)

★ Novice

Hahhahaha. I've been trying to figure out this problem for an hour now getting frustrated. I've been thinking the X is "off" mode and D is "on" for the controller since I thought I saw a direction to turn it on and off.

TL;DR Dragon Age Inquisition detects x-input mode controllers only. Now if you figure it out...D means "direct input mode" and X means "x input mode" which is why it works. This is too funny but I hope it helps people out. 

Message 8 of 8 (8,408 Views)