Re: [PC] Incredibly long loading times/game is hanging

by LaidGenie

Original Post

[PC] Incredibly long loading times/game is hanging

★ Novice

Hey all. The game runs decently (30-40FPS on medium) for my computer, but barring that, is plagued with incredibly long loading times.

On top of the long load times, the game hangs/pauses in the main camp a lot, as if it didn't finish loading up the resources properly (mostly from the part where you transition from the outside tents/training area to the inside of the estate)

The final issue that I've noticed, which is technically a non-issue, is the fact that whenever I choose to "quit to main menu" the game hangs on that as well.

I've also disabled the origin overlay, and while that cut down my usual 4 minute wait to about 2 minutes, I suspect that this isn't the way the game is supposed to be played.

I'm one of those people who doesn't have an SSD yet. Could my hard drive be an issue? Is anyone else having these problems? Did any one find a way to fix this issue (besides the obvious upgrade to SSD hurr durr)?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (465 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too am having this issue.  Hope someone can tell us what is causing this.

Message 2 of 5 (449 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem with SSD. Waiting for fixes...

Message 3 of 5 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am so glad that I'm not the only one having this problem! This exact same thing has been happening to me since Day1! I've been doing everything I can think of to fix it shy of a complete reinstallment! Thing is, I'm not sure if it's really hanging, or if the damn thing is just taking its sweet time loading. I've already tried updating all of my drivers and everything, but still no luck. 

Message 4 of 5 (364 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was having this, too. One thing that worked for me is disabling all sorts of overlays in-game. I run AMD Gaming Evolved from Raptr which has an overlay and turning that off reduced my loading time significantly.

Message 5 of 5 (353 Views)