PC Freezing when trying to play Multiplayer

by Infidel788

Original Post

PC Freezing when trying to play Multiplayer

★★★★ Novice

Everytime I try to load Multiplayer, not only does my game freeze, but my entire PC hangs and I need to do a hard reboot. I've made sure to take out all the command line arguments, launching from Origin. Have had Inquisition since launch day and have yet been able to launch multiplayer. Same happens if I launch from the .exe. Haven't had any problems from the main game, and have run a couple of playthroughs... whenever I go into Multiplayer I get the load screen. Then it'll give me black screen, the loading symbol stops moving and an obnoxious buzzing happens. I can alt tab as soon as I hear this sound, but the pc will still hang and require a hard reboot regardless. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

Message 1 of 5 (191 Views)

Re: PC Freezing when trying to play Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

if you can alt-tab, try a ctrl-alt-delete and use task manager to close the game, and close explorer.exe then rerun explorer through task manager if you're able. this game, when alt-tabbing from fullscreen mode, made explorer freeze up on me and I had to do that until I began running the game in borderless mode which doesn't have those issues. it's worth a try, though it may not help you. but it's possible the alt-tabbing locked up explorer if you were running in fullscreen. It's probably better to just avoid multiplayer until the next patch though, to be safe. all those forced restarts would frighten me a bit.

Message 2 of 5 (183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Even when I alt-tab out it locks up and forces a hard reset. Doesn't matter if I stay in game or not... I will however try switching to borderless windowed mode. Thanks for the response!

EDIT -

No Dice. Even running in windowed doesn't help it. It's not the alt-tabbing that locks up the system, it's loading into Multiplayer. I was able to get into task manager, but it still locked up, forcing me to hit the power button. It doesn't appear to be a memory leak either, total CPU usage was only at 29% when I managed to open task manager.

System specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 ghz
12 GB RAM
NVidia GTX 760 latest drivers

Message 3 of 5 (178 Views)

★★ Novice

The MP in this game is BROKEN! Don't even try

Message 4 of 5 (172 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Multiplayer is seriously flawed. Play in single-player offline mode until a patch fixes the problems.

Message 5 of 5 (166 Views)