PC - Exalted Plains Dalish Camp and Solas Bug

by TheShortestStack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC - Exalted Plains Dalish Camp and Solas Bug

★★★ Novice
When I try to go anywhere near the Danish camp all my characters and others freeze, I can still access all the menus and turn the camera and hear sounds but I can't move. It happens right at the little river in front of it and all around that small area. However if I give it a wide berth and go around it, it will not freeze, but trying to go to the quest site for All New Faded For Her shows me nothing. No npcs no pillars, no cut scene. I've tried to repair my game but it didn't work. Please help I really want to keep playing but this is ruining it for me.
Message 1 of 16 (1,538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC - Exalted Plains Dalish Camp and Solas Bug

★★★ Novice
Apparently a mod I was using was doing this. All fixed now after deactivating them.

View in thread

Message 12 of 16 (1,991 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Wow you really are stuck, have you tried loading from an earlier save, like way before you went to the Exalted Plains? (or even just to before you go there) or in a worst case scenario you may have to uninstall and then reinstall your game. 

Message 2 of 16 (1,516 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yup sure did, multiple times and I get the same result Frown. I even tried leaving and coming back, doing some quest beforehand and it didn't work. Oh well, at least uninstalling and re install doesn't take long on my PC. All try that. Hopefully it works.
Message 3 of 16 (1,504 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Dude that sucks majorly! It's a shame that you have to uninstall and then reinstall, hopefully it'll fix your issue. Good luck. Standard smile 

Message 4 of 16 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Novice
That won't clear my save right?
Message 5 of 16 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Guide

As far as I know uninstalling and reinstalling will erase your save data, however, your current choices will be saved in the Dragon Age Keep. But i'm not sure you can load characters from there (as far as I'm aware you can only load world states) since it  keeps track of your game decisions you can easily catch up. 

Message 6 of 16 (1,496 Views)

★★★ Novice
so after doing a driver update on my graphics card I am now able to see the demon and the pillars but I can't trigger the cut scene and I still can't go anywhere near the camp.
Message 7 of 16 (1,490 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hmm....ok have you tried repairing the game and then reloading that save again? 

Message 8 of 16 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am currently reinstalling, I found a way to kept save game thank goodness, will update when it finishes.
Message 9 of 16 (1,482 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That's good Standard smile good luck :D 

Message 10 of 16 (1,478 Views)