Re: PC: EA Installer Touchup has stopped working

by JFK3N3D1

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Ok what does "installed path" mean? (I'm very bad with technology heh)
Message 11 of 23 (2,227 Views)

@Aaroonge38 wrote:
Ok what does "installed path" mean? (I'm very bad with technology heh)

By Installed path are you referencing??  C:\<installed path>\Origin Games\<game name>\__Installer\

If so, then it is simply the location of where the game is installed at. 

Mine is   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer

But yours may be different if you have chosen to alter default install location, such as D: drive, or decided to put Origin games in a main folder not in program files, or such....later games I have moved to installing over in another drive and would look something like this instead....   D:\ORIGIN GAMES TWO\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer

So it is simply the navigation address on your computer that shows where the game is installed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 23 (2,219 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine says Touchup.dat. So do I change it to exe or keep it how it is?

Message 13 of 23 (2,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

No where do Aaroonge38 or HeroKnight143 say anything at all about a filename, much less a filename extension.  They're simply talking about the "installed path".

Leave Touchup.dat alone!

Message 14 of 23 (2,086 Views)

@heroknight143

You SHOULD have both a .dat(data file) and a .exe(applicatoin) in that folder.  I just checked on my machine and with them sorted by name, the .dat was just above the application file, and since I am on windows 10, it just said touchup, but listed to the right as application and was 836KB in size.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 15 of 23 (2,071 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mcsupersport; In Win10, if you open "File Explorer", click "View" on the top-line menu, then check the box for "File name extensions", you'll see which one is the .exe and which one is the .dat (and the change of the display will stick .  Angel  )

Message 16 of 23 (2,061 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you praise the Lord

Message 17 of 23 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hiya, I see many people benefitted from your successful reply, however I'm having the sane problem and would really appreciate it if you would talk me through the part where you mention 'right click on the touch up' as I'm not sure what this means.

please get back to me if you can and asap,

many thanks.

Message 18 of 23 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

1. In File Manager, go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\DLC\SinglePlayer_DLCBlue\__Installer" (or whatever similar path to the "Installer" folder your rig uses.)

2. Once there, in the right-hand panel where the files are listed select: "Touchup.exe".

3. Right-click on it and continue with @qthedeveloper's instructions.

Message 19 of 23 (1,595 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much! It worked for me!!
Message 20 of 23 (1,253 Views)