(PC) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Window opens briefly then closes immediately.

by mkmiller96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PC) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Window opens briefly then closes immediately.

★★★ Newbie

I bought DA:I Christmas day and since I got it, I have not been able to open it successfully. Every time I hit play, a black window appears briefly and closes almost immediately. There are no error messages. I tried live chat and followed all of their suggestions to no avail. So far, I've tried disabling cloud storage, clean boot, deleting origin files, system scans, removing malware, etc. I do not have this problem with other games in the Origin client. Ask for any more info that may be helpful. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 9 (27,857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (PC) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Window opens briefly then closes immediately.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I had the exact same error when I tried playing it on my laptop and a friend of mine had the same issue.
If you try running the game with a NVIDIA graphics card, this may help you.

What me and her needed to play was the NVIDIA Game Ready Driver. I would post a link, but I'm only able to find the German site, so if you want to try this solution, just google and install it. If you do not already have it installed, you need the NVIDIA GeForce Experience first.
For the graphics card of the friend I mentioned, the Game Ready Driver was not recommended which is why her graphics card told her there would be no newer driver available. She tried it anyway and it worked out. I am not saying that this will work all the time and that there's no risk if according to NVIDIA, the driver is not for your card spefically, all I'm saying is that it worked for her and it might be worth a shot.

I really hope this may help you Confusedmileyhappy:

--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (34,047 Views)

All Replies

Re: (PC) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Window opens briefly then closes immediately.

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone have a solution for this please?

A 28GB download which then will not even load is not much help.

I have heard a suggestion that running as Administrator might help. How do you do that when it only runs from within the Origin thing?

Message 2 of 9 (27,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I had the exact same error when I tried playing it on my laptop and a friend of mine had the same issue.
If you try running the game with a NVIDIA graphics card, this may help you.

What me and her needed to play was the NVIDIA Game Ready Driver. I would post a link, but I'm only able to find the German site, so if you want to try this solution, just google and install it. If you do not already have it installed, you need the NVIDIA GeForce Experience first.
For the graphics card of the friend I mentioned, the Game Ready Driver was not recommended which is why her graphics card told her there would be no newer driver available. She tried it anyway and it worked out. I am not saying that this will work all the time and that there's no risk if according to NVIDIA, the driver is not for your card spefically, all I'm saying is that it worked for her and it might be worth a shot.

I really hope this may help you Confusedmileyhappy:

--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 3 of 9 (34,048 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem.

But I have 36 hours of playtime before it started doing so...

Message 4 of 9 (27,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked! You are a German miracle man!

Message 5 of 9 (27,780 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem but with 413 hours of game play

Message 6 of 9 (26,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@xmaleficent Hey, can you check this thread here, it should help with the issue?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Current-Issue-May-2016-Inquisition-won-t-open-on-PC/...

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (26,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EragonOP same!
Message 8 of 9 (1,684 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please do not Necro an old thread such as this, if you are having an issue please start a new thread with the listed details per the How to post to get answers sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Closing thread to prevent further necro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 9 (1,667 Views)