Re: PC Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY STEAM dlcs wont work

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY STEAM dlcs wont work

★★ Novice

Hello people, I hope you can help me since EA support has not been able to help me and on top of that they won't let me contact by chat (it seems they got bored of me). I will tell you my problem:

In October 2020 I subscribed to EA PLAY via Steam.
I downloaded Dragon Age inquisition GOTY from steam and played it for a while, so far so good (The dlcs worked and everything was fine).
On May 28, 2021 ( without EA Play) I PURCHASED Dragon Age inquisition GOTY from Steam, so far so good.
My problem is that yesterday I just started to play a new game, I was surprised that none of the DLCS work (Neither the story, nor the accessories / armor / weapons etc). 
I have tried everything, from reinstalling the game, unlinked my account, restarted my pc EVERYTHING and still can not solve this problem.

If someone could help me I swear I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. 

I apologize if my English is not good, it is not my main language.

Message 1 of 3 (1,453 Views)

Accepted Solution

I have heard some people having this issue fixing it by Repairing the game install on Origin and Steam.  Usually the Origin repair fixes it, but some said they had to do both.  As a side note, make sure Steam is showing all DLC as installed.

Open Origin application, then open the Dragon Age Inquisition game page, and look for the cog icon near the launch button, click on it to open menu and choose Repair, let it do it's thing.  Test to see if fixed...if not, then go into Steam, right click on game, local files, then verify game install files, let it do it's thing, and see if fixed.  If not post back here.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,427 Views)

All Replies

I have heard some people having this issue fixing it by Repairing the game install on Origin and Steam.  Usually the Origin repair fixes it, but some said they had to do both.  As a side note, make sure Steam is showing all DLC as installed.

Open Origin application, then open the Dragon Age Inquisition game page, and look for the cog icon near the launch button, click on it to open menu and choose Repair, let it do it's thing.  Test to see if fixed...if not, then go into Steam, right click on game, local files, then verify game install files, let it do it's thing, and see if fixed.  If not post back here.....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 3 (1,428 Views)

★ Guide
@Adrianlv95 Hey, I know this is a crazy old post, but, this fix may work for you:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/3779
Message 3 of 3 (1,265 Views)