Re: PC DAI hangs in main menu

by jedted

Original Post

PC DAI hangs in main menu

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So every time i try to play DAI it hangs in main menu with irregular intervals, mostly like 5 to 10 seconds during "connecting to server" phase. And I was able to access menu like once and even run perfomance test that shows around 15 fps average?  And after test closed main menu hanged again.

Here is my dx log in case

http://hastebin.com/yananamaki.tex

Edit: for some reason now it works but crashes immediately after initial game part when rift is first shown with directx error

Edit 2: apparently it only works if I start some game prior to it and it still gives directx error anyway. Impressive.

Message 1 of 5 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

AMD's processors following the Intel C2D have been slower for a given core speed, so must be faster core speeds than an Intel CPU: 

CPU: AMD quad-core CPU @2.5 GHz

Yours isn't fast enough.

Message 2 of 5 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Um, but it works at least in initial cutscene? After I load another game prior to it that is.

It just crashes during Heaven entrance so I assume it have something to do with DX/video drivers?

there seems to be no perfomance issues in cutscene either, only in ingame bench test.

Message 3 of 5 (478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 4 of 5 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well, sometimes i manage to get into the game but other times it freezes at the main menu.  Not sure how random it is.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
 AMD A8-5600K APU Quad-core 3.6ghz
 16384MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Message 5 of 5 (280 Views)