[PC] DA:I ''Download in queue'' issue

by MaDDcz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] DA:I ''Download in queue'' issue

★★★ Novice

Dear EA & community,

been excited to download and play Dragon Age Inquisition, however my machine somehow blocks Origin from downloading the game.
I'd be very thankful for any advice on how to fix this.

I don't have any other games on Origin to test if downloading those would work. Everything else (e.g Steam downloads) works perfectly fine.

Environment:
- Windows 7 Professional

- Avast Premier

Troubleshooting performed:

- run Origin as admin
- reinstall Origin with run as admin

- delete Origin related folders (ProgramData, %appdata%, %localappdata%) (and then re-download and reinstall Origin as admin)
- stop Avast (via icon, also tried by killing all processes via taskmgr)

- add Origin folder to exclusion list in Avast

- modify UAC to lowest level / highest level (and reinstall Origin as admin)

- clean boot (and reinstall Origin as admin)

- safe boot (no reinstall, just a try to install DA:I)

After all this I am quite desperate already for something that would fix it.

If any logs / dxdiag / sysinfo would help, I'd post them later.

Thanks for any reply!

Message 1 of 21 (1,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] DA:I ''Download in queue'' issue

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the tip - it sadly did not work (my hopes were disappointed).

On the desktop PC where this issue is present I am unable to download any game.

I have attempted the workaround - downloaded the files on the other machine (laptop), launched the game (success). Copied the files over to the desktop PC, tried launching the game... see attached error. ''Right-click -> Locate Game'' gives a state of: Repair in Queue and deletes the files in the folder, where I put them (C:/program files (x86)/origin games/dragon age inquisition) (exact same folder path as on the other machine). As an UAC prompt came when trying to move files there, I also created the folder C:/Origin Games/Dragon Age Inquisition, where no UAC prompt came when copying the files.

Not able to launch the game - Origin opens and says that it cannot find path to the folder.

When I set the Installed games path via Application settings - all seems good. When I try to launch the game, same error as above.

When I try to Locate Game -> state goes to Repair in Queue and deletes the files.

ClientLog shows a few interesting lines when the repair is initiated when trying to Locate Game - it seems as if some packets are either not being received or sent.

@mcsupersport

@holger1405

The issue has been solved!

I have installed Wireshark to trace the packets which go to and from my desktop. Performed the same on the laptop. Ran the installation and compared the two files.

Certain packets addressed to some service (I was unable to identify which one) were being stopped on the desktop, which went through on the laptop. (I do know some basic networking, reading packets via Wireshark and trying to make sense of that is too advanced to me though)

I went and enabled ALL the services on my computer via msconfig and rebooting in normal boot mode.

Went to install DA:I -> installation starts without any issues.

Now to see if I'll be able to launch the game...

Thank you all for all the inputs and apologies for not being able to share exact solution details.

View in thread

Message 20 of 21 (1,630 Views)

All Replies

1)  Make sure when you put exclusions for Origin, you used the Global exclusions and not the simple scanning exclusions.  Difference is one tells Avast to Ignore Origin totally, and other tells it to only not scan those files, but it will interfere in other ways.  When you finally do get DAI installed, you will need to add DAI and saves folder for DAI to the list as well.

2)  Do you have any firewall program going other than avast...windows defender/firewall??  Make sure Origin is allowed through. 

3)  You could also go to the store and find a free/demo game and see if you can download it.  If you search demo in origin store--white box above My home in Origin app, it SHOULD bring up all free trials allowing you to see if there is one you can try, if you wish. 

4)  What kind of connection do you have from computer to modem??  Wired, wireless??  What kind of internet access??  Cable, DSL, through phone or schools system??

5)  Does it say anything other than download in queue??

6)  Have you made sure Origin is set in properties to run as admin on your PC??

IF none above works, then let us know and we can try someone else or maybe ping someone with a bit more knowledge on the networking side..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 21 (1,714 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer and tips.

1) Tried that.

2) Tried that. Windows Firewall which is ''controlled'' by Avast. No option to disable it separately aside from Avast (which I've done)

3) Haven't tried that before. Tried with Fifa 19 Demo. Same issue.

4) Cable through phone, wired to desktop PC from modem/router.

5) If I don't abort it and quit Origin then run it again, it says ''Paused'' with the option to ''Cancel repair''

6) Yes

Not using any VPN or proxy, never had any issues (other than YouTube blocking content for Czech Republic, where I am located, which is intentional)

I'd appreciate any additional support. I honestly have no clue where the issue could lie.

Message 3 of 21 (1,704 Views)

Since it also happened on Fifa, I will refer you to a sticky from Origin tech page for connection issues.  Some things to check out and I will also post this up to some CMs to see if they know of an issue on their side, or have a better idea.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/m-p/...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 21 (1,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip. I've checked the networking side of my PC & router and found a few things, which might be conflicting with Origin downloads / updates.

1) Router firewall was enabled

- turning it off + also turning off Avast, has not helped.

2) I only have an IPv6 WAN address and a local IPv4 address.

- would have to pay ISP a premium to obtain an IPv4.

3) some Ports were blocked.

- enabled them as per the Origin network troubleshooting documentation, turned off Firewall + Avast, reinstalled Origin, ran it as admin - no improvement

Additional checks:

- disabled AdBlock Plus browser plugin

- checked Windows Hosts file - no entries in there, it is clean

- ipconfig /flushdns performed

- tried to run Origin in Windows Vista (SP 2), this setting however did not get saved no matter what I tried. The checkbox for Run as admin stays.

- killed off every possible app that uses network and then tried running Origin - issue still persists

The router I have is a Zyxel 1312, connection is VDSL

Can't really think of anything else now... Any additional input will be appreciated.

Message 5 of 21 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Novice

Updating with additional information.

For reference, posting my EA support case number: #45697111 (contacted the support team multiple times today). The next action as I've been informed by the support team would be an answer to this thread from a CM.

Attached to the support case is my MSinfo file. Attached to this post and the case you will find dxdiag and the "Client_Log" from "C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs" and also a .pdf from how I view the Origin app during the install attempt.

The Client_Log shows a few additional relevant lines to my issue in addition to what I will quote below.

The Client_Log file reveals following error:

**314    [2018-12-28 15:00:58.573]     Error     Origin::Downloader::IContentInstallFlow::onEulaAcceptError                  7120      Accept eula error: restError = -1 httpStatus = 409
## Comment: It seems as if the dialog confirmation where I accept the EULA is not being replicated to the servers and I am being denied to download anything.

NOTE: I do not receive any additional dialog window after clicking Next during the Accept EULA dialog. The Client_Log shows following lines:

276    [2018-12-28 15:00:56.251]     Action    Origin::Client::JsInterface::DialogProxy:Confusedhow                              5844      Trying to show dialog: finish
**277    [2018-12-28 15:00:56.251]     Error     Origin::Client::JsInterface::DialogProxy:Confusedhow                              5844      Won't show dialog - Dialog queue is empty

JsInterface hints that a JavaScript is being run to display the dialog. I don't know if the following actions are somehow relevant, I guessed I'd give it a try.

My OS is Windows Professional 64-bit

My Java version is 1.8.0_191-b12 (64-bit)

I've reinstalled Java, same version, the 32-bit variant, reinstalled Origin, restarted PC, tried to launch download - the issue is still the same.

The Client_Log is after a fresh installation in following environments:

1) Clean Safe mode boot with networking - Safe Mode download enabled in Origin. (all DLC)

2) Clean Safe mode boot with networking - Safe Mode download disabled in Origin. (only base game, no DLC)
3) Normal boot - Safe Mode download disabled in Origin. (normal situation) (only base game, no DLC)

In all 3 cases I've run Origin app as admin.

Waiting for CM reply now!

Message 6 of 21 (1,622 Views)

@MaDDcz

MaDDcz  schrieb:

2) I only have an IPv6 WAN address and a local IPv4 address.

- would have to pay ISP a premium to obtain an IPv4.

I would guess that this is the issue.

If you don't have a Dual-stack IP, your provider is probably using Dual Stack Lite and that will generate problems with the connection to the servers.
I would contact your ISP and ask them about this problem.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 21 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply.

I dared to install Origin on my work-laptop: both via WLAN and via cable the download starts and works without any issues.

Thus the issue is related only to my specific machine (Home-PC) and not the network infrastructure.

Contacted the ISP, got advised to turn off IPv6 on the modem.

Done that. Restarted modem and PC, Origin still in the same state with the issue, client_log still reports ''OriginServiceResponse QNetworkReply error code [206]'' and ''Accept eula error: restError = -1 httpStatus = 409'' (same as before).

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ds-check

IPv4: Detected

IPv6: Not detected

I've also tested it by using a cable from my neighboor, that is on a different ISP - After performing the usual restart and try once; reinstall, cleanboot and try second time - the issue is still the same.

I dared to install Origin on my work-laptop: both via WLAN and via cable the download starts and works without any issues. As this is quite important, putting it to the top in bold.

Used my own normal network for that, no special settings.

Now the question is, what can I do to fix it on my machine...?

Message 8 of 21 (1,566 Views)

@MaDDcz

Make sure that you run Origin again in normal mode. (Without any compatibility settings)

Uninstall Avast using the Avast uninstalling tool > reboot > test.

If it don't works, shut down your Windows firewall. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.) > Test.

If it still don't works, close Origin > Reset Internet Explorer Settings to default. (Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Click Reset > Close > OK)

(All IE settings will be back to default settings after that.) > reboot > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 21 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Novice

Gave your suggestions a try, issue still persists...

- Uninstalled Avast using the removal tool which rebooted me to safe mode, uninstalled there, rebooted once more. Tried running download - did not improve.

- Turned off Windows firewall. Quit Origin, run it again, try download - still no improvement.

- Quit Origin, reset IE, rebooted PC, start Origin, try download - still no improvement.

Message 10 of 21 (1,537 Views)