Re: [PC] Cannot save in Windows 10.

by mikaelWJ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Cannot save in Windows 10.

★★★ Novice

I just installed Windows 10 Home and a few days after I wanted to start playing the DA: Inq. Trial.

Game starts; I enter options to change to Windowed display, press Back, Confirm changes? "Yes"; Gets: "Save failed due to insufficient space. Please overwrite or delete and existing save". 

I start new game, create a character, time to save: Gets: "Save failed due to insufficient space. Please overwrite or delete and existing save". 

I have Swedish Windows 10 version. Dual monitors. Several harddisks.

http://hastebin.com/ihuxeqawes.tex

Message 1 of 9 (5,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I read the note on loading down new graphic drivers ( I had done that ) and noted that the mother article also had this:

If you run into any issues with your games under Windows 10 after updating your drivers, try running them in compatibility mode.

Together with running them in administrator mode, that seems to have done the trick for me.  And when I looked in C:\Users\"My name"\Documents\BioWare, there was a new folder "Dragon Age Inquisition" created that had not been created before.

I have not had the time to create a new character yet, but I saved new graphic options and that worked!

Also managed to create a char and save it. Solved!

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (5,965 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had this exact same problem this morning.

I was able to fix it by running DA:I as administrator. (This was the only thing I tried and it worked)

I think after the windows 10 upgrade, DA:I no longer had permission to access the hard drive, so it says it didn't have space available.

Message 2 of 9 (5,176 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, but sadly it did not help. Still cannot save.

Message 3 of 9 (5,164 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem. Running as administrator did not work for me either.

Message 4 of 9 (5,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I read the note on loading down new graphic drivers ( I had done that ) and noted that the mother article also had this:

If you run into any issues with your games under Windows 10 after updating your drivers, try running them in compatibility mode.

Together with running them in administrator mode, that seems to have done the trick for me.  And when I looked in C:\Users\"My name"\Documents\BioWare, there was a new folder "Dragon Age Inquisition" created that had not been created before.

I have not had the time to create a new character yet, but I saved new graphic options and that worked!

Also managed to create a char and save it. Solved!

Message 5 of 9 (5,966 Views)

★★ Novice

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER. I just ran it in admin mode and origin asked me would I like to bring save from the cloud, and BAM game fixed

Message 6 of 9 (5,089 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, this solved my problem...was getting annoyed lol.

Message 7 of 9 (4,972 Views)

★★ Novice

Also had this problem but after Dragon Age Inquisition had already been working and running perfectly. Running the game and Origin as administrator helped but but problems kept coming back .  I was able to trace it to Anti-virus issues . Check your antivirus software and remove it or disable it to see if the problem goes away. (Beware of Windows defender - it does like software you don't get from Microsoft)
I changed the antivirus software and the problem went away for me.

Message 8 of 9 (1,331 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (1,266 Views)