Re: [PC] Can't Trigger Companion Romances

by Leora85

Original Post

Hero

@Morokip The Crestwood scene is Solas' "lock-in" event. Probably not a good playthrough to decide to try to get Bull and Dorian together Wink Can tell I haven't played for a while, took me this long to click that it's all Solas' fault Tongue out 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 18 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Leora85 Well if I can't be happy, at least they ought to be. Tongue out  Thanks for all your help!

Message 12 of 18 (557 Views)

Hero

@Morokip Might be the reason you couldn't get Blackwall and Josie to trigger, either. Probably not a possibility if you romance Solas, as I don't think you can do it once you've done Blackwall's quest.

Have fun Standard smile And if you have Trespasser, Bull and Dorian continue Wink

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 13 of 18 (555 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: Locking in with Solas resolved the Blackwall/Josie issue, but Dorian & Bull are still being resolutely silent.

Message 14 of 18 (538 Views)

Hero

Well, guess I was wrong about Blackwall/Josie and Blackwall's quest. Tongue out 
Pity that Bull/Dorian aren't cooperating. Have you tried getting them to talk in multiple areas? As I said, I always found the Hissing Wastes to be a good place to get them to banter. 

Message 15 of 18 (529 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Leora85 Yep, I've taken them everywhere except the bugged Western Approach.  I did notice I can't access the post-breakup dialogue with Solas like I usually can, which is odd.  I tried flirting with Cullen and he said something about me being involved with someone else.  I guess Dorian/Bull just aren't really into each other this playthrough!

Message 16 of 18 (512 Views)

Hero

@Morokip I think the Solas conversation options after the Crestwood scene depend on how you reacted during that scene, though if there are no dialogue options referring to it at all perhaps it's bugged. That scene also locks you in to a relationship with Solas unless you ditch him early on in the conversation, meaning you can't start up anything with any other characters (yes, even though he dumps you, you're stuck with him Tongue out ). 

Message 17 of 18 (509 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Leora85 Sooo here's an interesting thing - I got Cassandra to mention Dorian to Bull, so I ran through the end of the game to check, and Dorian acknowledges being in a relationship with Bull!  I am certain their lock-in dialogue never played, nor did I ever have the option of speaking to either of them about it.  On top of not being able to speak to Solas about our break-up, I'm thinking maybe I have a follow-up bug?  Absolutely bizarre, but there it is, working (kinda).

Message 18 of 18 (499 Views)