Re: [PC] Can't Play because [Unable to Load Save Data as DLC is missing]

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Can't Play because [Unable to Load Save Data as DLC is missing]

★ Novice

I played DA:I Deluxe Edition through Origins Membership and then recently bought DA:I for myself including all the dlc. Now it's saying I can't play ANY of DAI because I'm missing DLC ??? Is that Deluxe Edition DLC? 

It says

DA: Inquisition Deluxe Edition Items are missing. 
Flames of the Inquisition Weapons 
Flames of the Inquisition Armored Mount
Flames of the Inquisition Armors

Now I find this absolutely ridiculous and I've looked online and a lot of the threads are older, I've tried fiddling around with the mft package, changing the values to it from 7 to 15, and it's still not working. Can anyone help me out because I really dont relish putting in over 50+ hrs again onto my save file. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Looks like you won't be able to continue unless you upgrade to the digital deluxe edition.

This is a huge oversight. The first Dragon Age game allowed you to force load a save with missing DLC. It's a shame this game doesn't have that.

My advice would be to contact EA support, explain the issue, and ask if they can sort this out. If you're lucky they're kind enough to just register the DLC to your account.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,311 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Looks like you won't be able to continue unless you upgrade to the digital deluxe edition.

This is a huge oversight. The first Dragon Age game allowed you to force load a save with missing DLC. It's a shame this game doesn't have that.

My advice would be to contact EA support, explain the issue, and ask if they can sort this out. If you're lucky they're kind enough to just register the DLC to your account.

Message 2 of 6 (3,312 Views)

★ Novice

How would I contact EA support? 

Message 3 of 6 (3,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

The easiest method is the live chat option, but contact options vary by region.

Message 4 of 6 (3,157 Views)

@CuchulainnHound

If you search Dragon Age in the Origin store, it should bring up all DA products.  For me on the bottom row is the Deluxe Edition upgrade...sold for 9.99.  Sounds like maybe the easiest thing would be to buy that upgrade for a few dollars more, yup, they are milking you, but it is what it is.  They MAY give you access through tech help, but if they don't keep this in mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6 (3,139 Views)

★★ Novice

I have sort've the same problem.  I finally got The Black Emporium to show up, after I found out that I needed to log into The Keep and sync everything, and played it for a while yesterday.  Now when I try to continue, it says "Unable to load save data as required.  Downloadable content is missing.  Please download the content again."

I checked the Upgrade folder and The Black Emporium is sitting right there, intact and everything.  I really don't want to have to start a new game, though The Black Emporium isn't really worth it (all the crafting materials it has are Tier 1, no matter what level you are), it doesn't really have any outstanding gear choices, and it lacks armor.

Honestly I might just start over and forgo the Emporium, as it's looking to be more of a pain than it's worth.  Still, any help would be appreciated so I don't run into this again in the future with a different DLC.  EA really screwed up by not making it so you can just force the load anyway like you could in Origins, as if something like this happens now you have to either suck it up and start over, or go through a Disney level of hoop-jumping to get it to work.

Message 6 of 6 (2,187 Views)