Re: OriginWebHelperService.exe causes Dragon Age Inquisition or the system to cr

by amsga

Original Post

OriginWebHelperService.exe causes Dragon Age Inquisition or the system to crash.

★★★ Apprentice

Hi All,

I seem to have problem playing Dragon Age Inquisition lately.

I recently upgraded to a Radeon RX 5700 graphic card.

Each time I play it, the game somehow crashes after a couple of minutes.

The crash ranges from full system crash to DirectX errors.

Event Viewer keeps mentioning that OriginWebHelperService.exe is the culprit.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Message 1 of 8 (603 Views)

Re: OriginWebHelperService.exe causes Dragon Age Inquisition or the system to cr

That is a service run by Origin....which SHOULD be able to be disabled, if you are playing single player...so for testing, try disabling it and seeing if the crashing continues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8 (573 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No luck.

Game still crashes after a couple of minutes.

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 8 (561 Views)

@amsga Then more info needed, starting with a dxdiag file and a vanilla version of game, ie no mods and repaired using origin verify files.
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 8 (549 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@mcsupersport 

So far Vanilla version with no mods but with the official DLCs seems to have the same problems.

Can't copy and paste the DxDiag as the file has too much data.

Message 5 of 8 (529 Views)

First thing that jumped out to me was according to your DxDiag file, you driver for your Vid card is dated as April 2019...which is probably release driver and way out of date for new to market hardware.  First step for me would be to update video driver and maybe run a check on updating all drivers on your system. 

Since this is an amd card, have you tried switching on Mantle instead of DirectX11/12??  Know where your save files are so you can delete the profilesoptions files in it to reset all options if this keeps the game from playing....or heck for that matter, sometimes deleting the two profileoptions files in your saves fixes some strange glitches since it resets the game to default settings...

If you are running the Razor software, then for now disable it, cause DAI generally doesn't like it, if it makes no difference then you can bring it back, but just to check.

You may also want to see if you can run your game in the native resolution for your monitor, which is showing as 1360x768 60hz instead of the 1980x1020 60hz you have your system set on....

Message 6 of 8 (497 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The date might be in dd/MM/yyyy format. Using Radeon 19.12.3 if that helps.

Tried Mantle once but the game won't even run. Can't recall what the error was.

I'll try disabling Razer and running native next.
Message 7 of 8 (490 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Disabling Razer and running native didn't help either.

Message 8 of 8 (392 Views)