Re: Origin/Dragon Age Inquisition cloud sync error

by AmbervanLaar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin/Dragon Age Inquisition cloud sync error

★★★★ Novice

Heyhey Standard smile

Yesterday I installed Windows 10, after that I played Dragon Age Inquisition (nothing wrong here). After a while I wanted to start the game again but I got an error the cloud sync was interrupted or that there was already a sync running on an other computer. (Error in Dutch: Kan cloud-opslaggegevens niet synchroniseren. Een recente synchronisatie met de cloud is onderbroken of er loopt momenteel een synchronisatie op een andere computer. Probeer het later nog eens).

I can start the game but when I try to save it, it says there is not enough space for a save and that I should delete some save files. I used 12,33MB from my 1GB cloud space... I can't delete old files and also I can't overwrite them. (Error: Save failed due to insufficient space. Please overwrite or delete an existing save). So I can't delete files to make some space... 

I tried to delete Origin and downloaded it again, but it didn't help. I still get the same errors and now also the error about that my cloud isn't available. (Error in Dutch: Fout tijdens synchroniseren cloud-opslaggegevens. De meest recente cloud-opslaggegevens zijn mogelijk niet beschikbaar).

Please someone help me? :c I don't mind if I lose my old save files (all 128 hours :')), but I just want to play Dragon Age Inquisition again :c

Cheers,

Amber

Message 1 of 11 (6,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

After I removed all my saved files I turned off the Origin cloud. After that I tried this:

Re: [PC] Cannot save in Windows 10. [ Edited ]

‎08-03-2015 05:08 PM - edited ‎08-03-2015 07:08 PM

I read the note on loading down new graphic drivers ( I had done that ) and noted that the mother article also had this:

If you run into any issues with your games under Windows 10 after updating your drivers, try running them in compatibility mode.

Together with running them in administrator mode, that seems to have done the trick for me. And when I looked in C:\Users\"My name"\Documents\BioWare, there was a new folder "Dragon Age Inquisition" created that had not been created before.
I have not had the time to create a new character yet, but I saved new graphic options and that worked!

Also managed to create a char and save it. Solved!

http://help.ea.com/en/article/running-a-game-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-10/

It worked for me to use the compatibility Windows Vista, Pack 2.

Hope it will work with all of you Standard smile

Thanks for the help everyone ^^

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (7,163 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I already have contacted the helpdesk. They could start my game without errors, so it must be something on my pc.... :c

Message 2 of 11 (6,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue after installing Windows 10. I have tried logging in and out. When I log out of Origin the Cloud Sync starts in a windows but fails to get past 5%. I get the same in-game error that you do. I can't load a synced game and I get an error that says my cloud storage is full...to delete a saved game...but it won't let me. I cannot save a game either if I play a stored save. Same error. So it is not just you....

Wade

@AmbervanLaar wrote:

Heyhey Standard smile

Yesterday I installed Windows 10, after that I played Dragon Age Inquisition (nothing wrong here). After a while I wanted to start the game again but I got an error the cloud sync was interrupted or that there was already a sync running on an other computer. (Error in Dutch: Kan cloud-opslaggegevens niet synchroniseren. Een recente synchronisatie met de cloud is onderbroken of er loopt momenteel een synchronisatie op een andere computer. Probeer het later nog eens).

I can start the game but when I try to save it, it says there is not enough space for a save and that I should delete some save files. I used 12,33MB from my 1GB cloud space... I can't delete old files and also I can't overwrite them. (Error: Save failed due to insufficient space. Please overwrite or delete an existing save). So I can't delete files to make some space... 

I tried to delete Origin and downloaded it again, but it didn't help. I still get the same errors and now also the error about that my cloud isn't available. (Error in Dutch: Fout tijdens synchroniseren cloud-opslaggegevens. De meest recente cloud-opslaggegevens zijn mogelijk niet beschikbaar).

Please someone help me? :c I don't mind if I lose my old save files (all 128 hours :')), but I just want to play Dragon Age Inquisition again :c

Cheers,

Amber

Message 3 of 11 (6,649 Views)

★ Guide

You should disable cloud sync in Origin client

Origin-Application settings-Advanced

Else, find "Documents" folder and try to find out "Local" cloud save file there and delete it.

It may delete your some saved characters/progress but won't affect your online game play.

Message 4 of 11 (6,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi

i do so, but it didn´t solve the problem. Even when i delete all save games and profiles i got the error message again, when starting a new character then.

Sync in origin is off.

I will do a clean install of win 10 today after the upgrade, maybe it solve the problem...i will report.

greetings 

Message 5 of 11 (6,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi again

after a fresh install of Windows 10 with ISO, an a fresh install of origin and Dragon Age the problems are solved, no savegame bug anymore. 

Just for information.

greetings 

Message 6 of 11 (6,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried to delete all my saved files, they are gone now but the game still says there is not enough space.. 

I deleted DA + Origin 2 times, but also didn't fix the problem..

Think I will go back to Windows 7 -_- Don't want to lose all my programms when I download a clean Windows 10 upgrade.. 

Maybe there will be a hotfix soon or something from Origin? 

Message 7 of 11 (6,559 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After I removed all my saved files I turned off the Origin cloud. After that I tried this:

Re: [PC] Cannot save in Windows 10. [ Edited ]

‎08-03-2015 05:08 PM - edited ‎08-03-2015 07:08 PM

I read the note on loading down new graphic drivers ( I had done that ) and noted that the mother article also had this:

If you run into any issues with your games under Windows 10 after updating your drivers, try running them in compatibility mode.

Together with running them in administrator mode, that seems to have done the trick for me. And when I looked in C:\Users\"My name"\Documents\BioWare, there was a new folder "Dragon Age Inquisition" created that had not been created before.
I have not had the time to create a new character yet, but I saved new graphic options and that worked!

Also managed to create a char and save it. Solved!

http://help.ea.com/en/article/running-a-game-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-10/

It worked for me to use the compatibility Windows Vista, Pack 2.

Hope it will work with all of you Standard smile

Thanks for the help everyone ^^

Message 8 of 11 (7,164 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello -

I am pissed!! I have asked for help and no answers!  This is happening to other games as well - I cant load SIMS 4!!!  I wish Microsoft didn't launch their * before it was finished.....

Devil

Message 9 of 11 (6,400 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello

This has not fixed my error and I am super upset!  I submitted help request info but have not had any reply.  

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Message 10 of 11 (6,381 Views)