Re: Nonexistent mods still in game

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Nonexistent mods still in game

★ Apprentice

So on my old computer I played with a few mods. Only hair, eyes and makeup mods. Then when I got a new computer I simply just installed a clean DA:I install on my new computer and reached my saves using the cloud function on Origin. I didn't think much of it at first, but all of a sudden it hit me that I still had my mods in-game despite never downloading them on my new computer. I can't find the files on my computer and I can't find any Mod Manager used for Dragon Age.

This wasn't a problem until today when I finally got back into the game and reached the same problem as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/White-Screen-after-song-quot-The-Dawn-will-Come-quo...

So I went to find my mod folder to temporarily remove it when I again realized I didn't have one.

How is this even possible and what can I do?

Message 1 of 2 (437 Views)

Re: Nonexistent mods still in game

Some mods "bake" the changes into the save files, so only a new game on a clean system can get rid of them.  Hair, eyes, and Makeup all sound like things that would need to be semi-permanent in your save to work....so double check your system, repair the game install and start a new game and see if the mods are there, if not, then continue the new game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (389 Views)
Twitter Stream