Re: No third option at the Winter Palace

by Serrel44

Original Post

No third option at the Winter Palace

★★ Newbie

At the end of the Winter Palace section I was expecting to have 3 options when confronting the Duke, Empress and the Spy. I unfortunately only got 2. I was also surprised at the fact that I could not go back to the courtyard after entering the palace. This of course cut me off from some items that I needed inside. Did not being able to get into some of the doors prevent me from the three way aliance option at the end or did they change the game at some point? Very irritating being forced into a "pick a hand" situation when you are expecting a third option.

Message 1 of 6 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happened to me on my 2nd time through the game.........I figured out why I din't get all 3 options this time...........I neglected to enter the Empress's Private Quarters where Gaspard's agent is tied to the bed.............this gives you some leverage over Celene..............I opted to use the remaining halla statues to open the door at La Serrrure to select the door with the Warrior icon.........................best thing to do is collect 10 halla statues so you can open both doors as each was 5 halla statues each. In retrospect, there wasn't anything too exciting behind the door with the warrior icon.

Message 2 of 6 (579 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yea I heard there's 12 statues and only seen 9/10 for the quest. It might be bugged in a way with the statues being used on the doors as there's way over that amount you find. It also limits codex locations and coins etc as well. (There's one area that needs three I think for additional codex and coins.)

Hopefully this section can be fixed as well
Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Didn't the private room require a rouge? I remember a door requiring a rouge to open.

This part gave me a headache because I spent a long while running around try to find any means to progress and had no clue on how to progress. I still do not know where I went wrong on why my meter was barely half full. i still need a explanation and locations on were those stupid hallah's were.

Message 4 of 6 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Apparently (I missed Celene's blackmail room on my first playthrough, and my 2nd playthrough is only halfway through Wicked Eyes) court approval is a factor too, when it comes to available options. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 6 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

a tip for you. Save coins you get and drop them in the well and that increases your rating bar or what ever its was called.

Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)