Re: No sound on PC

by Elizabeth_QC

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

If you have speakers (including headphones) that are NOT connected to your PC via an HDMI cable (like monitor ones), then the nVidia audio drivers may be the problem.

I constantly have to re-set my system using the Windows Control Panel to use my on-board sound card's native drivers instead  of the nVidia ones every time I update my video driver.  (Could nVidia puh-leeze make that a check-box option?!?)

Message 11 of 26 (5,365 Views)

★ Novice

So not being tech savy, if anyone could help by posting directions on how to install/reinstall NVidia sound drivers that would be awesome. Any attempt I have made to do so has made no difference. And EA has not followed through with their "Support". So, anything to help get sound back,would be greatly appreciated!

Message 12 of 26 (5,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi bro please could you tell me exactly what you did I have tha same problem and nobody knows how to fix. Thanks

Message 13 of 26 (4,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@XLXEAGLEXLX1234;  Do you mean how to NOT use the nVidia sound driver, (which is what I need to do when I suddenly don't have any sound) or how to re-install it, (which is what @sifsaffire seems to asking about)?

Message 14 of 26 (4,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,
I also have no sound in DA. I do have sound in other games or activities on the PC.

It's far from the first time it happens in this game but the bug has never been so persistent. Also, this time (and for the first time), there was a really weird loud sound before the sound disappeared. It sounded a little like the really sharp feedback sound of a microphone? I have restarted the game, then failing that, the PC. Both these solutions had helped on some previous occasions. I have also saved a back-up then deleted my profile and other files in the Bioware folder, as suggested here. I have checked my sound settings but I  seem to only have the Realtek Audio system so I don't see how the game could get confused. I have had Windows reinstall the Realtek sound device. Still no success

Any other suggestion that could be implemented easily by someone who knows very little about IT?
Thanks for your help.

Message 15 of 26 (4,174 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This happen in online game mode or solo campaign??? Dont forget in game option set the game in STEREO mode not in 5.1, maybe game try in 5.1 and your headphone are like a subwofer or something..

Message 16 of 26 (4,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,
I never play in multiplayer and I only have one sound driver recognised by my PC, the standard Realtek one which is one I could not see how this could be caused by competing sound drivers.
I've had sound problems with DA many times before, but they were always solved by basic steps such as restarting the game or at worse, the computer.
Also, this really weird sound that happened first.
I found it particularly puzzling. At first, I thought my earplugs set was simply dying on me, that there was a bad connection in the jack but the earplugs are still working fine for everything else. And there is still no sound in DA, with or without earplugs, and whichever the DA sound setting I choose. It's really frustrating.
Ended up playing for two hours without the sound and with subtitles for the dialogue yesterday. But losing ALL the sound is not only taking away from the magic of the game, it's also making it very tricky when you're trying to find the hidden goodies, those that won't show as a dot on the little side map of your surroundings when you press the search key.

Not sure if I'm explaining very clearly. Sorry!

EDIT: alright, after playing a day with just the subtitles, I decided to go one step further and uninstalled DAI from my PC. Waited a couple of hours while it reinstalled. Tried again. Still no sound... :-(

Thanks for the help

Message 17 of 26 (4,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Make sure this window setting is like mine (the picture attached), i remember some problem of sond messing this setting in some game. ALSO dont forget inside the game option (inside game)  there are choice between 5.1 and stereo make sure its STEREO, otherwise the voice of character gonna be very very low and its can bug. So fix this 2 setting and you going to be good i think

Message 18 of 26 (4,124 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had same issue. I clicked on the "speaker" on my windows, changed the "spatial sound off" to "windows sonic for headphones" and sound came back on

Message 19 of 26 (3,672 Views)

★★ Novice

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so freaking much. I was in tears because I couldn't get the game to work and by some random chance I saw your comment and thought "why not!?" and IT.WORKED. thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Message 20 of 26 (3,495 Views)