Narrow, 3 part bar above battle bar

by zaileion

Original Post

Narrow, 3 part bar above battle bar

★★★ Newbie
I tried to find a site where I could post screen shots. Hopefully my description will suffice.

There is a narrow bar made of 3 smaller parts lined end to end. This lies about 3/4" above the "battle bar". (PC version)

I'm currently in Skyhold. I've explored Skyhold thoroughly but haven't left the keep yet. When I did decide to leave I figured I'd go back to the hitherlands to kill the high dragon (#49 on guide map) before I continued any further into the storyline. Plus I needed some obsidian. Anyway when I traveled back to the hitherlands this bar filled up. The 1st section filled about 1/3 full.

My questions are: what is the bar? Why is it filling (I'm guessing it's some kind of timer) what happens when it fills, and if/which quest it's connected to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: Narrow, 3 part bar above battle bar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

After Haven was buried in the avalanche and you were in the underground cave, a new gameplay mechanic was introduced-the special ability. You could now use the mark on your hand to generate a destructive area of effect spell. If you look under your tactics menu, you will see a new skill tree for this.

The new bar you are talking about is a power bar (called focus). Once you charge at least one level you can use your special ability (doing damage charges the bar). The other 2 bars cannot be filled until you upgrade them with inquisition points (under Cullen's Forces section). Once you unlock a specialization, it will draw from the same focus bar. Your companions will also get special abilities (they unlock specializations as soon as the inquisitor does). They also draw from the same focus pool.

With more focus bars used, the special abilities become more potent (so more destruction, or longer protection or higher defenses etc). The special abilities in the specializtion trees have descriptions of what the different levels do.

Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)