NVidia Optimus (GTX00M) Cannot Run in Fullscreen Mode

by aspirechan

Original Post

Re: Cannot run in full screen mode!

★★★ Newbie

@ImperialVI wrote:

Found and solved the problem.

Go to display setting, and change to "Windowed Fullscreen", appearantly, EA switched the names fullscreen and windowed fullscreen around.

If i put on fullscreen, i get borders, if i put on windowed fullscreen, i get a genuinine fullscreen mode.

oh hell yeah.

What a mess. That solved my problem.

Message 61 of 453 (2,307 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is NOT a solution - they did not mix up the names - the full screen window is a borderless window - its not real full screen. The mouse is not locked out, you cannot lower the resolution below the desktop setting, etc.

I have this same problem on one of two IDENTICAL Lenovo laptops (one for work, one for home). One works fine (the work one sadly), the other refused to run full screen correctly. I have compared settings and details on both - I cannot find a difference that would cause one to function normally and the other to not. Ugh.

Message 62 of 453 (2,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Hi,

As suggested by others, first try disabling any third-party programs that have Visual Overlays. Any program that tries to place a filter, picture, or Graphical User Interface on top of a running program can potentially cause issues for Origin and Origin games, which similarly uses an In-Game Overlay feature. Make sure these types of programs are closed before running Origin or your games.
    • Popular applications with Overlay features include: X-Fire, Windows Blinds, Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Teamviewer
If that does not work, please post your DxDiag as per the instructions below: 

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

Message 63 of 453 (2,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hI ! it's my dxdiag :

http://hastebin.com/rigiqimoko.tex

Message 64 of 453 (2,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my dxdiag

hastebin.com/kuyebejewa.tex

Message 65 of 453 (2,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ImperialVI wrote:

Found and solved the problem.

Go to display setting, and change to "Windowed Fullscreen", appearantly, EA switched the names fullscreen and windowed fullscreen around.

If i put on fullscreen, i get borders, if i put on windowed fullscreen, i get a genuinine fullscreen mode.

I strongly doubt this, I get a fair performance boost when running in fullscreen mode and a drop when running in "windowed fullscreen".

Message 66 of 453 (2,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA/Bioware, thank you for formally looking into addressing this issue. Here is my dxdiag:

http://hastebin.com/soxavuheso.tex

When selecting fullscreen, the game is plainly in windowed mode.

Message 67 of 453 (2,127 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here's my DxDiag: Pastebin

As others have said, windowed fullscreen works, but has performance issues as well as mouse pointer issues. A true fullscreen solution would be welcome.

Message 68 of 453 (2,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay so looking at your guys DXdiags, that is three of us that are running an nVidia 860m.  Strangely I think I had fullscreen running fine before I updated to the newest driver.

However the old driver had very choppy performance and framerate issues. :/

Edit: four of us now with 860m

Message 69 of 453 (2,103 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jabberjayjay wrote:

Okay so looking at your guys DXdiags, that is three of us that are running an nVidia 860m.  Strangely I think I had fullscreen running fine before I updated to the newest driver.

However the old driver had very choppy performance and framerate issues. :/

Edit: four of us now with 860m

I was thinking the same thing, but the 860m is one of the most prolific mobile gpu's in the market right now. I expect it does have something to do with mobile gpu's, but not necessarily just this one.

Message 70 of 453 (2,095 Views)