NVidia Optimus (GTX00M) Cannot Run in Fullscreen Mode

by aspirechan

Original Post

Re: Cannot run in full screen mode!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Downgraded intel drivers to original OEM provided by gigabyte.. did not help at all.

set nvidia settings global to always use gpu... did not help at all

ugh... and full screen windowed kills my performance at 1620p.

disabled nvidia driver in device manager, intel loads full screen just fine. 

sadly disabling the intel device also disables the nvidia device from functioning properly...

Message 231 of 453 (1,564 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, let's see here, what have I done already?

I already did a clean boot, so that rules out SilencE81. When I first had the problem I didn't have Geforce Experience, so that rules out SilencE81's other suggestion. I don't have the option to reinstall the entire laptop because I'm in another country (and honestly if you have to factory reset for one game to work properly? There is a big problem there).

I haven't actually tried to run the game through intel, but I think I will try that just to see what happens. I already did update my drivers with my intel device and it did me no good. The stupid intel control panel is just as helpful as the nvidia control panel (which is not at all) because the nvidia control panel relies on the idea that the intel control panel will have all of the settings, and the intel control panel has jack squat for settings.

Message 232 of 453 (1,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i'm liking how we have now come together over our plight. brings a sense of camaraderie between everyone dealing with the issue.

EA is probably looking at this saying .. hmm if we leave them alone for long enough, say another year or so, they'll eventually stop complaining that we chose to abandon a few customers. whats a couple hundred people with problems after selling thousands of units right?  a dozen or so posts a week will eventually turn to 1 post a month to a point where its dead and brushed off aside at the rate this is going. 

seriously?? no response yet? damn shame.

at the time im posting this, im seeing that so far 113 people have clicked saying they are experiencing the same problem.  113 is not representative of the actual number of people that have this issue.  there are those claiming OH just switch to  'fullscreen windowed mode' that fixed it for me cuz they switched it around by mistake. then there are those who probably havent come forth and voiced that they are also experiecing the issue. others had no issue until they started updating drivers, etc etc.  EA is most likely seeing 113 as an immeasurably small number that we're just a hiccup to be ignored in the grander scheme of things.  100% wholly dissatisfied. wouldve loved to see the game past the hinterlands in the beginning quests ( i stopped there knowing the game wasnt enjoyable with the fullscreen issue). first and last time i ever pick up anything with the letters EA on a box.

can't wait for witcher 3 to finally get my mind off how badly I and other people got screwed for $69-79 ... and i feel really bad for those who paid for the collector's edition and had the worst luck of having this issue.

Message 233 of 453 (1,520 Views)

★★ Apprentice

to biewis-

Downgrading wont work-  you should get NEWER Intel, not previous

Using nvidia gpu settings wont work, as I told-only Bios, so your dxdiag shows nvidia card in display tab.

Message 234 of 453 (1,445 Views)

★ Novice
Already had the newest so tried both. I don't have an Alienware so bios is not an option.
Message 235 of 453 (1,433 Views)

★ Apprentice

Odd, I can't run DA:I full screen on my Lenovo Y50, however I could run Shadows of Mordor perfectly on the very same laptop.

For me, DA:I and Wolfenstein exhibit the same behavior of not wanting to go into full screen unless I put it into Windowed Full Screen.

Message 236 of 453 (1,375 Views)

★ Novice

I see EA has responded to other posts... why not this one?

Message 237 of 453 (1,249 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Because I jumped through their hoop and it didn't produce results so they stopped talking when fifty other people came along with the same problem and left it me to communicate what techs had said/actually figure out what the problem was.

Thanks EA! Standard smile

Message 238 of 453 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Looks like this topic is officially dead.
Not only we didn't get any help or fix, it looks like we won't be getting any.
For everyone else reading this:
-Don't buy laptops with Optimus tech.
-Don't count on EA for help with laptop problems.

Great game, though.
Message 239 of 453 (1,062 Views)

★★ Novice
Don't count on EA for help with ANY problems.

There fixed it for you
Message 240 of 453 (980 Views)