NO Amulets of Power after Patch 5?

by The_Alaska_Wolf

Original Post

NO Amulets of Power after Patch 5?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just slew the High Dragon Hivernal and realized that there was no Amulet of Power for Iron Bull in the loot.  Puzzled, I went on to slay Kaltenzhan only to find NO Amulet of Power for Varric in the loot.  Just prior to letting Inquisition update to patch 5 last night, I killed off everyone's favorite Choice Spirit, Imshael and did in fact receive the Amulet of Power for Cole (still in inventory).  Out of curiosity, I went back to the Still Ruins in the Western Approach as I knew there was still an unopened chest with an Amulet of Power for Dorian.  Surprise!  No there wasn't.  The chest contained only a banner and a spirit rune, no Amulet of Power for Dorian.

It looks like the patch may have had the unintended consequence of breaking ALL of the Amulet of Power drops.   However, even if you unpatch it, I still can no longer get my Amulets from killing Hivernal and Kaltenzhan.  

Edit:  Just tried the Inquisition Perk, at least we still get an abilities point for that.

Update:  Just defeated the Venatori Overseer in the Hissing Wastes, and while I did get the staff Bloodwake, there was no Amulet of Power for Dorian.

Update 2:  For those that are interested, I just killed the Sandy Howler in the Hissing Wastes, there should have been an Amulet of Power drop for Varric, there was not.

Final update:  No Amulet of Power for Solas in the Temple of Mythal . 

Message 1 of 122 (16,358 Views)

Re: NO Amulets of Power after Patch 5?

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. During the quests "The Vault of Valammar" and "Champions of the Just" the amulets of Varric an Cassandra didn't appear.

Message 2 of 122 (16,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here, no Amulet for Dorian in the Still Ruins, or Amulet for Cassie after her War Table Op. Are we going to be compensated for this in some way?

Message 3 of 122 (16,285 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the posts. Can you give your platform too? I suspect if it's affecting one it's affecting all, but best to be sure. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 122 (16,230 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine is Win 8.1 PC. 

I have one more Amulet coming up soon in the Hissing Wastes, I'll post that as soon as I get to the Foreman. 

Message 5 of 122 (16,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

On the other hand, I did the "Contact with the Valo-Kas mercenaries" and "Hard in Hightown" War Table ops, and I received the Amulets of Power for Iron Bull and Varric normally. Maybe it's only some or them, or it just doesn't affect new savegames created with Patch 5?

Message 6 of 122 (16,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well those were War Table Operations, correct?   I suspect they operate differently than loot objects from chest and dragons.  You may wish to try a chest or dragon to see if you get a drop from those.

Message 7 of 122 (16,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well basically all the amulets of power found in Chests are missing...

Emerald Graves -> After you make the puzzle with the 3 key pieces I used to get an amulet for Vivienne in the back room. Now I get always another amulet. 

Screenshot here(sorry for the 3D Screenshot):

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=dvtjv0lu.5kh.jpg

This is on PC btw (Deluxe Edition)

I don't think this was intended... or was it??

Message 8 of 122 (16,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems like all amulets that dropped along other items have been removed, did western approach yesterday and lost 2 ability points for dorian because neither marcius nor the chest in still water ruins dropped one. I doubt it's intentional just sloppy coding and a side effect to fixing the crestwood amulet exploit. Kinda sucks knowing that I will miss many ability points that others got (without exploiting) on my playthrough because of this.

Message 9 of 122 (15,997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I suspect that they leave patch creation to &%$#@ interns with 0 idea of what they're doing....they just CAN'T fix one thing before screwing up another. "Hey! Let's fix the Crestwood amulet exploit! Ah, and while we're at it, let's remove every amulet of power out there!" (facepalm).

If that also affects new Patch 5 savegames (don't know, haven't encountered any Amulet in coffers yet), what I'm supposed to do? To stop playing until it's fixed?

Seriously, with this and the DX patches....this is just not normal...

Message 10 of 122 (15,952 Views)