Re: My game crashes on start up

by andrean32

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game crashes on start up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

https://hastebin.com/qobawolane.diff     

Ok so I launch my game with Origin (wont launch from desktop or when it does it opens Origin then launches), will synic with cloud files then will open as a window the go full screen then crash. Everything is still a black screen when its running no loading logo for dragon age in the corner no sound nothing, it goes for up to 2 seconds and crashes. One time it took 5-15 seconds to crash and the mouse changed but that was once and only once. Another post told me to post the https://hastebin.com/qobawolane.diff to show my computer specs to see of there is a problem there and to say what anti-viruses I'm using Avast. Also the game worked fin last time I played but that was a moth or so after the last DLC release for the game.

EDIT: I've used Avast as long as I've had this computer, I have GeForce GTX 750 Ti,  Nividia Driver version 416.34, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 7.95 GB RAM, and have almost 300 hours of play time total

Message 1 of 4 (555 Views)

Accepted Solution

1)  the dxdiag post you posted up is only a partial post of it.  You need to post all of it, that includes all the info from CPU down through power options and hopefully crashes at the bottom.

2)  The absolute number one thing that causes the issue you have is Anti-virus, which for you would be Avast.  Disable totally or put in exclusions for global, for DAI, Origin app, and DAI saves.  Following this, I have heard of several others such as Discord, Teamspeak, and Razor customization programs(for mouse and keyboards) all causing this issue.  But doesn't change that if you asked me to bet a penny, I would bet on the Avast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (527 Views)

All Replies

1)  the dxdiag post you posted up is only a partial post of it.  You need to post all of it, that includes all the info from CPU down through power options and hopefully crashes at the bottom.

2)  The absolute number one thing that causes the issue you have is Anti-virus, which for you would be Avast.  Disable totally or put in exclusions for global, for DAI, Origin app, and DAI saves.  Following this, I have heard of several others such as Discord, Teamspeak, and Razor customization programs(for mouse and keyboards) all causing this issue.  But doesn't change that if you asked me to bet a penny, I would bet on the Avast.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 4 (528 Views)

Congrats....a month after last DLC released was about May 2015.....AVG and then Avast started causing issues with DAI about April 2016...for some unknown reason, they couldn't figure out a game that hasn't changed a thing in over a year isn't a virus that needs attention(and so far as I know, haven't fixed this issue on any recent release of their products).  If you search the boards....read the sticky at the top, and generally look around, you will see how many threads and questions AVG and Avast caused on this forum. 

You still haven't updated your DxDiag file, even on your edit, so even if I wanted to help further at this time, I couldn't.  You really need to check into your anti-virus and then also update your DxDiag file if that doesn't fix it, so we can maybe help you.  Right now with the limited info you gave, I stand by the statement, on betting a penny on Avast as the culprit.

Message 3 of 4 (512 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, the problem was Avast just told it to make an exception and know it works, did not think Avast was the problem since it was not stopping Andromeda from working.

Message 4 of 4 (494 Views)