My Inquisitor Can't Judge [SPOILER]

by Arcshock

Original Post

Re: My Inquisitor Can't Judge [SPOILER]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I had the identical problem as Arcshock, but on XBox One. I tried multiple times (using the default Inquisition throne - I had never changed it throughout the game) to load the judgement for Samson, but always with the same result. I changed the throne (from the default Inquisition to Andrastian Chantry) and the judgement worked fine.

I even reloaded the previous save, changed the throne, left the under croft to load the throne, then went back and switched back to the default Inquisition throne and the judgement worked. So, which throne you use doesn't matter, but switching the throne seems to clear the bug. (At least in my case)
Message 21 of 58 (4,090 Views)

★ Novice

Not exactly sure who I need to judge but it's sometime after winter palace.  Same issue.  None of these "fixes" work.  On PS4.  This game is so incredibly buggy, it should not have been released when it was.  We are basically playing a beta version.  I've actually got a refund or discount or something in the past on some pc games that weren't nearly as bad as this.  The game is cool, in theory.  But the execution is terrible.  This company should be ashamed of themselves.  I have to have my laptop up, not to get cheats or hints, but to try to find work arounds for bugs.

Message 22 of 58 (3,924 Views)

★ Novice

I'm on the PC.  I'm not sure who I'm meant to judge (it says the prisoner).  I clicked on the throne it loaded for an age.  When it came back to the game everyone was gathered around the throne but I could'nt actually sit down to judge.

Message 23 of 58 (3,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem, took a long time to load then appeared at the throne and couldn't judge.  

Someone mentioned a possible solution in this thread and I tried a variation of it.  I always quick save right before a judgement, so I went back to that saved game.  I went down into the Undercroft and switched my throne to something other than what I had.  I went back to the judgement and everything worked fine.

Message 24 of 58 (3,751 Views)

★ Novice
I had exactly the same issue. I tried fast travelling in and out, reloading saves, changing thrones and nothing worked. In the end I did two things.
1) I deleted any saves I felt might be corrupted. I figured if I kept making new saves whilst trying to fix this glitch that somehow I might be making the situation worse.
2) At the war table I had the option to bring in Samson for judgement and also two options to deal with Rainier. Although the Samson option was already 'ready' (it had an exclamation mark above it) I ignored it and used my connection to bring in Rainier. I then went to sit in judgement and it worked.

I'm guessing it was the latter that made the real difference. But it couldn't hurt to try both.
Message 25 of 58 (3,708 Views)

★ Novice

It actually fixed itself somehow.  I went and did some other quests and when I came back I could judge.  Maybe doing the quests is a memory purge of sorts.

Message 26 of 58 (3,703 Views)

★★ Novice

Really really stupid question, for those who are having issues judging Sampson after What Pride Had Wrought, have you done the operation on the War Room Board?  I haven't done it yet and I'm wondering if it fixes the bug.

Message 27 of 58 (3,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have tried every single fix on this thread, but none have worked. I really don't want to start all of this all over, since I'm 129 hours into the damn game. (My previous save is at 84 hours, and I had no one to judge at that time.) I have also tried waiting it out, and that didn't work either. Does anyone else have any other solutions?

Edit: I just loaded a different character and judged someone with them and then went back to my other character and was able to judge easily. It's an easy fix, but it really shouldn't happen.

Message 28 of 58 (3,632 Views)

★★ Novice
I also have this issue on PS4. I sat on the throne to judge, but then only a very very long loading screen followed by Samson and NPCs standing around the throne. I am unable to pass judgement on Samson and sitting on the throne again produces the same bug. Very disappointed with this bug from EA.
Message 29 of 58 (3,548 Views)

★ Novice

I can't judge.  I clicked on the the operation in the war table but it doesn't do anything..

Message 30 of 58 (3,426 Views)