My Inquisitor Can't Judge [SPOILER]

by Arcshock

Original Post

Re: My Inquisitor Can't Judge [SPOILER]

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC.

I can start the judging session by sitting on the throne. Then the 'prisoner' is brought in and the dialogues starts. Half way through the sound crashes my game. I use the Inqusitor throne.

I suppose it is the cutscene syndrom again since I can initiate and start up the dialogues?

What is wrong with these cutscenes?

Message 11 of 58 (11,131 Views)

★★ Novice

Background: I'm on a PS3. I had Blackwall up for judging as well as the Duchess. I did Blackwall and it was fine, then I saved, then did the Duchess, and it was still fine. I decided I wanted to change something with my Duchess judging, (foolishly) reloaded from that last save. Now I'm getting that same bug as everyone here where I click "sit on throne", it takes forever to load, and then it's just everyone standing in front of the throne and I'm unable to sit in it again.

I tried: changing the throne, leaving Skyhold and coming back, reloading from a save from before I judged Blackwall and from before I got Judging Rainier from the war table and from before I went to see him in Val Royeaux, and multiple variations thereof.

What finally worked: loaded a save from before Blackwall left in the first place, judged the Duchess (which worked), quit the game (without saving), loaded the more recent save from before I went to Val Royeaux, and now it seems to be stable.

So...the fix could have been the successful judging in a much earlier save and/or restarting the game, but either way it seems to have worked! Hope this helps someone else.

Message 12 of 58 (11,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem twice. I play on PC. Both times happened after I judged the person once and then I reloaded immediately to a save right before the judgement to try another option (I'm just curious what would be different...)

The first instance was some time ago so I can't remember the person I judged. It was definitely a minor one from a wartable mission and before both "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts" and "Here Lies the Abyss". That time I restarted the game and I reloaded an earlier save from before getting the mission report, i.e. before that person could be judged, and that worked. 

The second time was just now, and it was Lord Erimond right after returning from "Here Lies the Abyss". I tried reloading an earlier save from after returning to skyhold, but that didn't work. I had spent the last hour speaking to all the companions and whatnot so I'd really like to not have to load the save from before killing the Nightmare... After searching the forums, I found this thread and wanted to try the repair game option but it's greyed out in Origin. Finally I restarted my game and tried the same save file again, and that worked for me.

So it seems that a restart fixes the problem, hope this helps. 

Message 13 of 58 (11,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I ran into the same problem and what worked was going back to an older save just before sending all the advisors on missions at the war table. On PS3.
Message 14 of 58 (10,998 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too. It mostly doesn't load, but then after What Pride Hath Wrought, I was able to do one judgment. I hated the results, so I tried to reload and the problem started up again.

@Arcshock wrote:

After the events of 'What Pride Had Wrought', and bringing Samson to the Skyhold for judgement, it appears to bug out when I try to initiate the judgement. I right click the throne, it goes through a long loading time, and then my inquisitor is just standing in front of Samson and a few NPCs. My character is free to move around the entire map and talk to other characters as if the judgement were simply not happening, but I can't sit on the throne again or initiate any sort of conversation event with Samson.

I assume if I continue playing the game he will just stand there in front of the Skyhold throne forever, or worse, this may glitch out all future judgements for me. I have no idea how to fix the problem, honestly. To my knowledge I have done nothing to cause it, I have tried reloading my most recent save but the bug keeps repeating. I don't want to go back even further and replay a longer portion then do the 15 minute wait for Samson to be moved to Skyhold again only to have the possibility of the bug persist.

Is there any possible solution?

Message 15 of 58 (10,944 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue for me. Reloaded to right before I sit in judgement. 1 reload didn't work. Closed out of game, then origin, and then it worked. Weird.

Message 16 of 58 (10,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happened to me too but I was able to correct it on the Xbox one version. I went to the war table and traveled to a mission there and then I traveled back to skyhold using the world map.once I got to skyhold I went to the undercroft and changed my throne from ferelden to qunari; after that I was able to judge again.
Message 17 of 58 (10,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm getting this as well any known fixes?
Message 18 of 58 (10,607 Views)

★★ Novice

I had that problem as well with the long loading screen then everyone standing there but you not being on the throne. What I had to do is load a save that I had done outside (courtyard, garden, other place entirely) and then go back to the throne again. IT continued until the end of the game. So, save often, and not in the main hall or near by corridors.

Message 19 of 58 (10,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue on PS4. I'm 185 hours into the game, and I only had one person to judge: Lord Erimond. After reloading all of my saves back to 10 hours earlier, I was only able to get it to go through on my very first save (figures). But I didn't want to lose that time so I tried to fast travel and tested about 6 of my saves in the 10 hour period - none of them worked. And I stupidly saved over the one save that did work. 

I continued with the side missions and did Blackwall's quest, hoping the game would just skip Erimond and the glitch - but the same thing happened again. Sigh. But as others said about the stacking of judgements - I'm not sure that is the only issue here. 

As a completionist, it's really hard for me to finish the game without fixing this - so I'm stuck until there is a patch or I give up and start over again. So much for finishing this game before the new year. 

Message 20 of 58 (10,395 Views)