Re: Multiplayer Crashes on Darkspawn Maps

by Snusmumriken71

Original Post

★★ Novice

Mods or no mods makes no difference. Tried it. Removed all my mods (all two of them that changed eyebrows), tried repairing, tried doing everything. Nothing works. My game crashes in every darkspawn match. If it's not darkspawn I can play forever.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Message 11 of 18 (449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Araishi110's solution seems to be working for me as well. Remove mods, repair DAI through Origin, set Patch level.

Message 12 of 18 (439 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem. I have been crashing to desktop randomly when playing multiplayer. It does seem to coincide with the addition of Darkspawn. I have lost so much time and XP this weekend.

Game was completely stable for me before this weekend.

Message 13 of 18 (427 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks Arashi.

Your fix is working for me as well. Finally was able to get through several Darkspawn maps and no crashes in hours of play.

Message 14 of 18 (414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am perfectly ignorant in the matter but reading threads here and there Nvidia products might have more difficulties with the MP in general. My computer runs DAI smoothly otherwise.

Pixelnova, if clearing the mods don't work, have you tried setting your graphics to a minimal with no AA ? It helped when I had crashes to desktop in random parts of the MP.

Message 15 of 18 (390 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm that changing the patch level fixed my issue - at least in that I'm not seeing a massive amount of CTDs whenever Darkspawn show up. 

There are obviously other stability problems, as well, but that was the big one.

Message 16 of 18 (355 Views)

★ Apprentice

Good to know my solution works for others as well. I've had no issues since then.

By the way, I'm using Radeon, not Nvidia, so it's not card-related.

Message 17 of 18 (330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me I have noticed it is not just darkspawn it is specifically those little dwarf sized guys with the crazy crossbows of doom. when they appear (usually on wave 3) I crash. Happens nearly every time on my virtuoso, but I seem to get through those fights without crashing on my reaver if that makes any sense.

Message 18 of 18 (320 Views)