Multiplayer Connectivity

by uhlam

Original Post

Multiplayer Connectivity

★★ Novice

I frequently have issues maintaining a stable connection in DA:I Multiplayer on my Xbox One.  Issues include being unable to connect to a multiplayer game, unable to find any matches, disconnected when playing alone, character "bouncing" around instead of moving forward steadily as expected, being disconnected during multiplayer, and being disconnected after the end of the match.  I have experienced these problems both when connected to another user's match and when hosting.  I experience these issues with or without any other activity on my home network, including when playing Inquisition with two xbox ones (both experience the same problems or lack of problems).  

Occasionally, everything works great!  But there is no pattern of activity on my end.  My xbox is hard-wired to my router.  I have set up port forwarding per the EA recommendation elsewhere, and have set my MTU to 1384 as recommended on the xbox live website.  I have a new (<1yr) router and am very familiar with network configuration.  The only thing I can't fully control is my modem.  On my modem, I have set my router into dmz mode, so the modem is basically invisible.  Rebooting the router and modem do not resolve these issues.  My connection is 20/2Mbit.

Message 1 of 1 (136 Views)