Re: Mulitplayer

by Rolandozolo

Original Post

Mulitplayer

★★★ Novice

Hello EA

I must say I am very impress how Bioware put togther Dragon Age Inquisition so far am liking it Standard smile.

Me and my friend been trying to connect to EA game sever to play the Dragon Age Inquisition Multplayer togther but for some reason we can not seem to connect sayign that were disconnunted from the sever it self, but the probelm it goes in this consit loop all the time saying were disconneted from sever it and for us to exit we must forcus it to close.

We open the ports and did a DNS thing but the problem is still occuring.

Message 1 of 10 (528 Views)

Community Manager

If you both restart your clients does the looping stop? There's some general connectivity troubleshooting on this page that might help: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/FAQ-DA-I-Multiplayer/m-p/3945647#U3945647

Also, if either of you has applied the "60 fps cutscene fix" please disable it, it can interfere with some aspects of game stability. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice

60 fps cutscene fix where is that located that program or is it within the game it self?

Message 3 of 10 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have same issue but i am using an industry router/firewall.

have set all required ports (based on offical site as well as portforwarding.com list)  on firewall and routed all traffic on firewall to my own static IP.

because game crashes into a loop when it fails i both me and friend alt F4 before trying again.

not sure if using an xbox controller on pc would play a part (doubt it tbh).

all settings are their out of box defaults, all my local and router drivers are patched to latest release.

my basic guess is server side issues with traffic?

Message 4 of 10 (508 Views)

Community Manager

If you haven't manually applied it yourself, then it shouldn't be present. It's an unofficial workaround that some user apply to increase the frame rate in cutscenes, but it has some wider negative effects. 

Xbox controller won't be a factor. I play with a pad and can usually find a game without issue. Sometimes it takes a few tries (peer-to-peer networking always has its variables), but I'm never fully prevented from playing. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (501 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also do not have that "60 frps cutscenc fix" i google to see what you meant but i do not have that on neither i do not need it.

I belive your sever might have some kind of bug/glitch.

Message 6 of 10 (499 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah did not think the controllers would have issue. fps fix is such a lol. why would you reg hack a game that dodgy lol.

any idea why conenction is failing then? like i said i am using corporate level gear and i set up my friend with same gear (beifets of work lol), not your normal home toy routers so the settings shoudl be alot more reliable. works fine for other games and older titles like mass effect have no issue. only seems to be DA:I. for me and friend.

just wondering though. after 3rd failure i kill out. should i just be letting it wait for longer as this failure loop normal as it establishes a server connection? or if it fails should it exit out instead. behaviour pattern is odd

Message 7 of 10 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

may want to tag yourself in this post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Connection-to-Dragon-Age-server-lost-Unable-to-conne...

sounds like me + OP are havign part of a major known issue. seems suspicion ws right in that server issue.

hope Bioware not geoblocking by mistake

Message 8 of 10 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

well were keep trying but I dobut  but still have the loop probelm...

I am hoping that you will contine to fix the multplayer severs so in the future it will not be a contine problem while. We keep on trying and if the problem keep on arising i shell post the problem again.

I still support Bioware/EA regard less on the problems that aires what can I say am loyal like that and I know you guys are trying very hard and I do acknowleged that.

Message 9 of 10 (468 Views)

★★★ Novice

me and my friend tested a theory of direct modem play with no firewalls between us. after cycling for 20 min we gave up.

issue seems to be somehtign with bioware servers not able to talk to peoples pc's correctly to establish a connection.

not surprised this happens, it occured for ages with mass effect and i had heard reports some people never got that fixed.

Message 10 of 10 (434 Views)