Moved to Poland...cannot get English version of DAI?

by skart87

Original Post

Moved to Poland...cannot get English version of DAI?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm currently living in Poland (but mostly speak English ) and I ordered my game here...and it turns out it only has the Polish language version. I mean sure there is a free voice-over patch, but that does not change any of the text.

I had to buy the key code from a gaming shop (as origin does not accept bank transfers) so unfortunately I cannot get my money back...I'm honestly on the verge of crying Frown

What should I do? Is there anything I could do?

Also, if I ask any of my friends back home (the States) to buy a keycode for me there will it work here or will it magically turn back into the Polish one.

These might be stupid questions, but I'm uber frustrated, migrainy, and missing $50 :/

EDIT: Just contacted the EA customer service...apparently the game is "region specific" so even if I ask someone in the States to get me another copy of the game  it will change back to Polish the moment I try to install it here! Wtf!?! really!? That makes no sense what so ever...so utterly disappointed...

Message 1 of 9 (504 Views)

Re: Moved to Poland...cannot get English version of DAI?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well actually you have 3 options.

1) Learn Poland

2) Buy yourself global versions ( Its multi language and works in all countries )

3) Ask EA support , maybe they will go into your position and change it.

Need a link on global version or EA support? Sorry can`t help with link on Poland language D:

Message 2 of 9 (493 Views)

★★ Guide

I suggest you contact customer support, hopefully they can resolve this for you.

Message 3 of 9 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem was I bought the key through a secondary site...I definitely will try to contact them, but it'll probably end up having to buy another copy...since there seems to be no way to get money back...*sighs*

Also, to make matters worse the main Origin page keeps maniacally changing itself to back to Polish *sighs again*

Message 4 of 9 (472 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"

1) Learn Poland

2) Buy yourself global versions ( Its multi language and works in all countries )

3) Ask EA support , maybe they will go into your position and change it. "

1) I'm fluent in Polish though my English is better...but I just think the English version is better
2)I was trying to avoid that as I already spent $50 on it and do not have a lot of money atm

3) Tried to contact via Origin, but they keep me on the Polish site and keep giving me a phone number to call (no e-mail or other means of communication :/ )and I'm out money on my cell till next week, by which time I'll have to start studying my **bleep** off for exams and won't be able to play till Christmas :/ "

Message 5 of 9 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

deleted.

Message 6 of 9 (433 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Did you try using a VPN based in America and use it while downloading/installing?  I know that will cost you a bit of money but it's certainly cheaper than buying another copy of the game.

Message 7 of 9 (412 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hold on mate...

If you look at the available DLC isn't there an English lng pack?

Message 8 of 9 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Alec
that gives an English voice over, does not change the text

Message 9 of 9 (392 Views)