Re: Mission: Scattered in Skyhold bugged.

by Katreyn

Original Post

Mission: Scattered in Skyhold bugged.

★ Novice

In the mission Scattered in Skyhold, I have 36 of 48 books collected, but then it bugged out and now won't let me pick them up. It's glowing but won't show me the "press X"

Message 1 of 7 (9,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same bug, when i want to collect the book near COLE the book is glowing but there is no (A) to collect it.
(Xbox one version)
Message 2 of 7 (9,137 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm on the PS4 version abandoned though I've only picked up 32 books, the one in my quarters is now bugged to where I do not have the option to pick it up. I tried logging out of the system but to no avail.
Message 3 of 7 (8,422 Views)

★★★★ Guide

And on PC some books are out of reach (one is floating in the thin air).

Open world map and travel to another area (any, Val Royeaux is the best as it's small so loadscreen is short), then travel back to Skyhold.

After that you should be able to pick all the books again including ones you picked before but they'll count as new picks and you'll complete the collection. Start with the book behind the throne.

Message 4 of 7 (8,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that JoxerTM22's solution works as I did the same when I ran into the issue last night. Even after completing the quest, though, the books are still lying around everywhere and still prompting me to pick them up when I pass by.

Message 5 of 7 (8,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Picked up the one behind the throne again as suggested and started picking up books again. Everything worked out fine and I have completed the quest. Thank you! You actually can pick up the floating book in the garden stairwell, as odd as that seems to be, though I still could not pick up the book in my quarters. Strange. Oh well, thanks again!
Message 6 of 7 (8,368 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also get the problem that even after you finish this quest the books remain highlightable and lootable not that it progresses anything.  Just a nuisance.  

Message 7 of 7 (8,358 Views)