Menu Freezing Solution (Quad Core)

by DoofDilla

Original Post

Re: Menu Freezing Solution (Quad Core)

★★ Novice

@Sifonas48 wrote:

Still not work for me  but I noticed that atter I turn off one core CPU usage  reduced from 100 till 50 percent.

I just signed in to tell you that you made my day ;D

Let me guess, you have a dual core?

And now try to find out why your cpu usage is reduced by half if you disable half of your cores Wink

Message 51 of 61 (2,029 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks a lot! Yep, apparentely it's a quad core thing.

Message 52 of 61 (1,913 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I've got this issue which is apparently toward quad cores, and then the black screen reset issue that is for the GTX 970. And yet... the biggest most popular upgrades for gaming computers right now are quad core and GTX 970.

Is there any update on when this will be fixed? It is incredibly annoying to have to manually disable a core every time I want to play this game.

Message 53 of 61 (1,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but I also wanted to confirm this did help me. Usually I could reload the game and get through, but this morning it was persistent in freezing up.
Specs: i5-3210m CPU (yes, a quad core)
No graphics card because my computer sucks; I'm just using the integrated graphics
Message 54 of 61 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

k

Message 55 of 61 (1,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the problem too, Black screen after starting the game, not even a menue, nothing.

I use a i7-4700Mq (quadcore) with 8GB DDR ram and a NVIDIA Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDR5 ram)

so it should be no problem. I really tried everything postet in various threads but nothing changed. I think it is a problem with the Nvidia or the Direct x

(I already reinstalled, updated and used the Microsoft runtime link, nothing worked).

I need more hints or a patch or an official statement. Should I go for the refund?

Message 56 of 61 (1,283 Views)

★★ Novice

I found this solution, which sets the affinity to start the game, to work for me.

1. Edit Dragon Age Inquisition desktop icon properties

2. Change "Target:" to

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START DragonAgeInquisition /high /affinity 1 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe"

3. click Ok

Now try running the game. The game will start with affinity set to 1 cpu, but will change to all cpu cores after it launches. I was able to get past the "Click to Continue", when no other solution I've tried worked.

Here's a reference for the solution: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/37272/set-a-programs-affinity-in-windows-7-for-better-performance/

Message 57 of 61 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks trying to help and the applied changed worked but there was no change, still going from boxed window to full screen but then black screen (freeze).

Message 58 of 61 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Novice

i made this but still not working for me :/

Message 59 of 61 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting this issue in July of 2015.  What the hell ?  Game has been out for how long?  Why is this happening ?

Message 60 of 61 (900 Views)