Re: Menu Freezing Solution (Quad Core)

by Crusader_bin

Original Post

★★ Novice

It worked the first time I tried it....but it hasnt worked since...gonna keep playing with it...

Message 21 of 61 (6,216 Views)

★ Guide

How do you disable a core?

Message 22 of 61 (6,209 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This sort of worked. I tried it a couple times and it didn't work, then the third time I disabled a core and it got me past the menu into the game.

That's a start I suppose.

Message 23 of 61 (6,199 Views)

★ Guide

How did it get past QA? Because it wouldn't be an EA release without being buggy and rushed to release to they could cash in before the end of the quarter.

Message 24 of 61 (6,159 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem,

at first I thought it would help to disable the oe core  (because it worked longer than usual) but I have still the problem, It need only a little bit longer before freezing Standard smile

but also Thanks a lot And I hope that many people are able to enjoy the game Standard smile

Message 25 of 61 (6,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this issue and here is what worked for me, see my thread and please bump it if it works for you, cheers: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-keep-the-game-from-freezing-crashing-my-succe...

Message 26 of 61 (6,119 Views)

★★★ Novice

Didn't work for me at all. 

Full details of my issue & everything I've tried can be found here:  http://forum.bioware.com/topic/520508-game-launches-fine-but-freezes/

HW specs: 

~ CPU: Intel Core2 Quad - Q9450 (2.66GHz standard clock, OC'd & stable @ 3.25GHz), .45nm 

~ RAM: 8Gb Corsair Dominator

~ VIDEO: MSI R7870 Hawk - Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition [2Gb GDDR5]

~ SOUND: Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion edition 7.1 24-bit sound card

~ HDD: 1Tb of internal hard drive space

~ OS for gaming: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit w/ DX11

Message 27 of 61 (6,061 Views)

★ Guide

A lot of people with crashes, got to play after disabling origin in the game and sync. in options.

Also you can try Outcome:

http://outcome.nofate.me/

Allows you to play just the game, without the Origin. It loads faster for sure. By the time I finish campaign, patches hopefully will be made.

I did play some MP and SP with Origin, getting just one crash so far, but I had to terminate the process about 10 times before I could get into the game becasuse of the freezes.

Sometimes the game is frozen, sometimes not. So bear in mind your fixes could just be you, lucking out.

Message 28 of 61 (5,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!

Message 29 of 61 (5,458 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well my freezes and game crashes are counted now 20+ and just in the last hour 4 of them since I met Sera 2 of those were meeting Blackwall so now I am gathering moral to try it one more time, just to know that every freaking cutscene or wartable meeting etc I might end up thrown to the desktop heh

Kind of not funny anymore

Message 30 of 61 (5,452 Views)