Masterwork Never Works

by AndurilWielder

Original Post

Masterwork Never Works

★★★ Novice

I've burned through 6 Dragon's teeth (40% chance to proc) to get a masterwork gear. I did some research before hand and it looks like it seeds it in such a way as to prevent save scumming, but even after going through all my materials, 6 dragon's teeth, and then ironbark afterwords, it STILL doesn't proc. I went to the black emporium to buy mats to try and figure out (spent like 10k on resources) which one would proc the mastwork, but none of them did...ever. 

The only masterwork I've EVER had work was the one in the tutorial. Whether by save scumming or actually doing it the legitimate way. What even is the point of that, if they don't work? Like, why does that functionality even exist? I'd rather have a material that guarantees a masterwork be harder to find, than to find a crapload of duds and waste more mats. Between this and monster health bars, I'm finding this game more tedious and boring.

I would appreciate advice though, if anyone has it.

Message 1 of 4 (1,112 Views)

Re: Masterwork Never Works

Hero

@AndurilWielder There is more than one type of material that can go in that slot (and there are different types of percentage ones, too, including a material that gives a 100% chance). Personally I prefer to use materials that have a more interesting effect (such as 'guard on hit'), but that's just a matter of personal preference. You can often find these materials when mining/harvesting, as well as in other places throughout the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I'm using masterwork right now because I don't want to use the ones that I have that I really like, such as a mage with regenerate damage taken (which is great because it will regen health even if the damage was done to barrier). Or the Guard on Hit effect you mentioned.

So I'm using Masterwork right now. Except I cant get a masterwork yet. I know OF the 100% one, but unsure where it is nor can I remember what its called.

Message 3 of 4 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AndurilWielder;  It's called the "Essence of Perfection", and you acquire it while following the (ghost? spirit? of) Divine Justinia through the Fade  and completing the "Fears of the Dreamers" side quest.

Message 4 of 4 (1,057 Views)