Re: [Major Bug]: Character ends up inside the intro map after character creation

by Mouton2

Original Post

[Major Bug]: Character ends up inside the intro map after character creation.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey,

This is a bug report more than anything else (a complaint, too, I guess).

I spent (now wasted) nearly three hours creating my Inquisitor with almost per-pixel precision to fit what I wanted for her, was super happy, give her a name and accepted...

Then the intro plays...

Then right after the intro I get a very short loading moment (the usual black screen with the loading icon at the bottom right)...

And finally it just so happens that the map that loaded was in fact the introduction's map itself, the ruins with the long stairs.

I took a picture:

http://i58.tinypic.com/n2js6t.png

I looked around the entire place just in case there was a portal or something I missed... nope, nothing. Then I checked to see if my character had been given his own character slot with an early save in it... nope, not even that. So right after the character creation is done it does not save yet, which means that every time someone is going to get that bug their character will be entirely lost. There's no actual saved game entry for that new character I created (I have another one, but that other character is the only one available to load games from).

So yeah, I lost about three hours or so of my life. If time itself could be refunded I'd ask for it.

Fix that bug, thanks.

Message 1 of 18 (15,234 Views)

Re: [Major Bug]: Character ends up inside the intro map after character creation

★★ Novice

did you start your game with the FPS fix ? 

it is known that this fix is causing this.

seems like you have to start a new game without this fix or try to skip the cutscenes.

Message 2 of 18 (15,164 Views)

★ Novice

I don't use that 'fix' and I have the same problem.

Message 3 of 18 (15,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unless this fix is automatically installed when the game is downloaded, I can safely say that I do not have this fix.

Message 4 of 18 (15,080 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would like to know the progress on this issue.  I spent a little over an hour with techinical support, this is a complete crossover for all platforms.  This issue happens apparently in rare cases on PS4, XBox 1, and as I personally can confirm PC.

I redownloaded the game, disabled DLC and didn't use the Keep, and I also tried with each in varying levels, I can play multiplayer just fine, which is fun, but I want to play the actual singleplayer.  My ticket I can confirm was sent to BioWare, but I would appreciate being kept in the loop on this, and let know as soon as a fix is found.  I was able to find with about an hours worth of walking, you can traverse the entire landscape past the cinematics stairs to the very Temple of the Breach for Sacred Ashes, takes a lot of effort by the way, and there is not a single thing you can interact with in the environment except for 3 sets of ladders.  And there is no way to trigger the cinematics to start up again or to move forward.  None of the other information on these forums are of any help so far in this issue, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this issue ASAP.  I didn't spend 70 dollars to just stare at a pair of stairs or a statue for hours on end twiddling my thumbs.

Message 5 of 18 (15,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too!

It was the first time I had played the game and I assumed this meant I had to find out where to go. That map is ridiculously huge. I explored way off into the mountains. After about 15 minutes of me running up and down mountains, I realized that this wasn't supposed to happen. I reloaded a few times to take screenshots.

Not sure what happened that solved this strange issue for me. It just worked once and I was like "ok, on to the rest of the game i guess."

Picture of where you spawn

A view of the whole valley (the circled bit is the hill that you spawn on - seen in the link above)

I explored about an area triple the size of that valley before giving up. Like I said, that map is HUGE!!

(note: I was using a .dll injector to get past the blackscreen bug)

@LillyDrayk wrote:

did you start your game with the FPS fix ? 

it is known that this fix is causing this.

seems like you have to start a new game without this fix or try to skip the cutscenes.

What fix is that? I have FPS issues and I'd like to try that !!!

Message 6 of 18 (15,069 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mic, than I assume you did not get a solution, it just magically corrected itself?  If so, has it ever happened again once it resolved its' one issues?

Message 7 of 18 (15,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@emtblade wrote:

Mic, than I assume you did not get a solution, it just magically corrected itself?  If so, has it ever happened again once it resolved its' one issues?

Yeah it was just persistence. I think it happened on my 4th try. I haven't tried to make a new character since then. I assume that I just lucked into getting the right cutscene to load and that if I tried again, I could easilly just load into the intro map again instead.

Someone on another thread mentioned that they got around the bug by skipping scenes. Maybe that's what I did.

Message 8 of 18 (15,023 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm the workaround that Mic suggests. If you skip the initial intro cinematics you will spawn where you are supposed to.

I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A FIX BUT A WORKAROUND.

EA and Bioware still need to develop the fix as this is a cross platform issue, and may have farther reaching effects as I am just getting into the game for the first time.

Message 9 of 18 (14,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've played two characters before this bug appeared and I was fine but now all of a sudden my new characters suffer from it.

I've never used the FPS fix, and I've tried skipping but none of those worked (my game simply froze). I've reinstalled 3 times and repaired mutliple times and that also didn't work. The characters I've tried it as are; Elf Mage, Elf Rogue (both types) and Human Mage and all have been ruined by this bug. I have now more-or-less given up on Inquisition because of this, if anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Message 10 of 18 (14,836 Views)