Re: Lost Connection to the Session - Single Player (Northern Hunter Dragon)

by CrimsonNephilim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost Connection to the Session - Single Player (Northern Hunter Dragon)

★★ Apprentice

No idea why this is happening, but I am trying to go after the Northern Hunter dragon in Crestwood.  I have made maybe 4 attempts now, and 3 out of the 4 times, my game has crashed to the main menu with the message "You have lost connection to the session."  One time it completely crashed to the desktop.

I've tried repairing the game and closing out all other programs that I'm not using to try and free up resources so the only thing it's handling is the game, but it keeps happening and I have no idea what to do in order to fix it outside of doing a complete clean re-install.  Is anyone aware of a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (534 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

None of the mages in my party (Quizzy and Dorian) have Fire Mine and the disconnects/crashes are still happening.

Edit/Update: Launched the game without using my Frosty Mods loaded in. Was able to load in last game save and take down the Northern Hunter dragon without any issues of losing connection to session or crashing to the desktop.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (466 Views)

All Replies

Most common cause posted is Fire mage skill....I think fire mine upgraded skill.

It can happen on one play but not another character, and usually isn't hardware or mod related.  It seems to be just an odd glitch, that sometimes forces people to restart a new character and usually doesn't effect the new character.  You may try to take a different group of characters with you, or respec your character and see if it changes anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (513 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@mcsupersport I know my character doesn't have it, but I brought Dorian with me. I'll take a look and see if he has it and respec him if he does to see if that fixes anything.
Message 3 of 4 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

None of the mages in my party (Quizzy and Dorian) have Fire Mine and the disconnects/crashes are still happening.

Edit/Update: Launched the game without using my Frosty Mods loaded in. Was able to load in last game save and take down the Northern Hunter dragon without any issues of losing connection to session or crashing to the desktop.

Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)