Re: Losing connection in single player

by Leora85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Losing connection in single player

★★★ Newbie

Recently I finished the dlc for the deep roads and moved on to t JoH dlc. After playing that for a while I started getting booted from the campaign and back to the main menu. It mostly seems to happen during a fight. Also this is on the Xbox one version. Also note that I have already tried keeping it disconnected from the internet. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@GirlyGamer085 Many people with this issue have found it's the fire spell bug (usually a particular spell, and it can be any of your characters/party members casting it). It's an odd issue, won't effect every playthrough you do. So if this is happening, try respeccing all your mages to not use fire spells (I think immolate is the issue, so could just stop them using that one, but it's been years so I could be wrong. Also I think I vaguely remember some people having issues with fire mine or something as well). Yes, it's a weird bug and makes no sense Tongue out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (728 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@donie120 Unfortunately, this seems to be a somewhat common problem for some people, which seemed to get worse with the Descent DLC. Other one that just said to totally shut down the Xbox and reboot (I'm guessing you would've done that at some point), most suggested fixes I've found have been for PC and involve turning off cloud saves (not sure if that's relevant on Xbox) or reinstalling the game.

One I've found discovered they only had the issue when they had a mage using fire spells in their party, but only on one of their characters. Actually have a vague memory of someone else having a similar experience at some point... Maybe with immolate?

Multiple people seem to have it only effecting one Inquisitor. other characters play fine without the issue.

So, basically, I think this issue happens to different people for different reasons, it doesn't actually seem to have anything to do with a connection to the servers (at it happens in single player, and quite often to people playing while offline. Even if you're online and playing single player, if your internet connection goes down you do not get this message, you just get a popup letting you know you've lost connection. At least on PC). Hopefully you'll be able to find out what particular weird thing is causing it for you, and avoid it on that particular character. From what I've looked at in the past few minutes, I'd suggest taking a look at what any mages in your party are doing before it happens? 

If you do find out anything interesting, would be appreciated if you could come back and let us know. Standard smile This issue has been around for a long time and we've never had a good solution, unfortunately. 

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (1,157 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens to me too, but only when it’s a fade rift battle. I’ve beaten the game a number of times and this is the first time I’ve had this problem. I’ve reinstalled it, changed graphics around a bit, changed my party….but this is what shows up on my screen.

Message 3 of 4 (770 Views)

Hero

@GirlyGamer085 Many people with this issue have found it's the fire spell bug (usually a particular spell, and it can be any of your characters/party members casting it). It's an odd issue, won't effect every playthrough you do. So if this is happening, try respeccing all your mages to not use fire spells (I think immolate is the issue, so could just stop them using that one, but it's been years so I could be wrong. Also I think I vaguely remember some people having issues with fire mine or something as well). Yes, it's a weird bug and makes no sense Tongue out

Message 4 of 4 (729 Views)