Loot Below Ground Glitch

by DarthAbysius

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loot Below Ground Glitch

★ Novice

So I have been playing along, everything working great(except for multiplayer not letting me play with my friends, but apparently that's already being looked into) when I ran into a small problem. I was doing the In Hushed Whispers questline, I'm at the part where it requires me to gather 5 red lyrium crystals. Great. and then I can't find the 5th. So I spend around an hour running around looking for it, figuring I just must have missed it. I have looted and examined everything in the entire area, backtracked as far as I could... no luck. Then, all of a sudden I notice there is some loot just kinda hanging out below the level, where i can't access it.  Now I have spent some time trying to figure out if I can use the console to move it up or the world down or some such thing, or maybe there is a dev mode I could use to get it up. No luck. At this point all I can figure is that that bit of loot is where the final cyrstal is, and I have no way of getting it! Typically at this point I would simply load a previous save and do it again, but it turns out that my closest save that ISN'T from during this part of the quest is a reasonable amount of time back. If I have to go back and play through several hours again I will, but I'm hoping there is some way I can just move that loo up, or me down or something to avoid that. Thanks.

Message 1 of 20 (17,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loot Below Ground Glitch

★★ Novice
F is the default loot button. If you can get close enough to have the reticle circle appear, then you can press F and usually get the thing. Worked for me i the Hushed Whispers quest when a shard was trapped underground.

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (19,093 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem but the fifth piece has dropped above a doorway of a room in the upper part in the wall......

Message 2 of 20 (17,012 Views)

★★ Novice
F is the default loot button. If you can get close enough to have the reticle circle appear, then you can press F and usually get the thing. Worked for me i the Hushed Whispers quest when a shard was trapped underground.
Message 3 of 20 (19,094 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks a lot, can't believe that worked. I figured that right-click would have the same range, but evidently not. Thanks for the tip.

Message 4 of 20 (16,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have seen loot appear just far enough under a rubble pile to tease me.

I've had nugs die and leave their skeletons on the ceiling of the cave with no way to get close enough to pick up.

Even lucky enough to get the random teleporting carrion bug where the skeleton ends up 40 feet away in a random direction.  :manfrustrated:

Here's hoping a patch dating later than 11/26/2014 fixes this for us.

Message 5 of 20 (16,883 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had loot drop 1/2 way up a wall once... i had to give up on it. I jumped and spamming F for a long time and never could manage to get it.

Message 6 of 20 (16,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I have this issue but with a red lyrium shard that fell off of some random dude, which I need to get back to the past. So yeah. Can't get to it, its floating in the air. Currently trapped in story mode. And its on ps3, so the jump and grab thing aint working. I tried it for a solid hour, seriously. I am trapped. Anyone know anything else?

Message 7 of 20 (16,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have the same issue but mine i wanna fix wouldn't care if normal loot but it's a lvl21 dragon loot -_-

http://gyazo.com/3c0ba00b8b3ac172e9297dbaed3a8d36

http://gyazo.com/b3e7afa0ffa6a008655508f98cf35bb5

No way at all to reach it from top or sides or bottom...

Help....

Message 8 of 20 (16,552 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing happened to me with my last red lyrium shard in the 'Hushed Whispers' quest. Except, it's stuck in the ceiling of a doorway and I can't get close enough to have the reticle appear. Unfortunately the last save I have before that loot dropped was just over an hour before that. 

Message 9 of 20 (16,500 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yeah wtf seriously just kill that same dragon and the loot appeared in the same spot wtf. I cant even laugh at this. This was a 45 min battle. On a game this buggy it a wonder people exploit it.
Message 10 of 20 (16,290 Views)