Literally cannot play. Can't move.

by 404Lulu

Original Post

Literally cannot play. Can't move.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yeah. I literally cannot play. At all.

ALl I want to do is play this game but nope, I can't.

I'm using a laptop, built in keyboard. Cannot MOVE my character at all.

And I will tell you: i did everything suggested

I repaired the game

I uninstalled and reinstalled.

I deleted the last two files in my saves folder.

I've restarted my laptop.

I'm redoing the repair. I redid the deleting twice.

No matter what I do, I cannot move at all. It's not a keyboard issue, I'm using my keyboard just fine. Nothing is conflicting with it, I have everything possible closed. 

It's ridiculous. 

Message 1 of 3 (426 Views)

Re: Literally cannot play. Can't move.

MOST common issue is another program interfering.  Usually you can do a clean boot and get it to work, and if it does, then you just have to figure out which program it is.

Sometimes you get a "ghost" keyboard or item that the game thinks is your keyboard and really isn't.  This means you have to go into your Op settings and find the "ghost" item and remove it.  Things like drawing tablets, USB keyboards, and some mouse brands can all cause this.

Maybe a DxDiag file listed could shed some light on your system to allow us a better guess, but If you asked me to bet a penny, then I would bet on a program cross interference and you just needing to find the correct one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (398 Views)

Re: Literally cannot play. Can't move.

★ Novice
I ended up having to do a clean boot of my laptop. Its ridiculous, but I imagine this only occured due to the fact my game save first corrupted. After fixing it, it turned into me unable to move. Either way, its fixed
Message 3 of 3 (390 Views)