Re: Just bought dragon age ps4 for 79$ and crash at startup :( ce-34878-0

by DantheBinger

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I dont know if its the same problem. But i dont know if its ea server or sony or both. Or if its still happening its a ddos atack. thats why you cant connect to the server.. If you want to stop your ps4 to connect to the net so you can play whit out connecting to the server.  

1.Go in to settings

2.Scrolld down to network click that. And inside there you have the connect to the net option. make sure its turned off..

Then restart your ps4.. Now you should be able to play whitout  connecting dragon age server.. 

Message 11 of 25 (1,465 Views)

★★ Novice
I can play but I don't want to start a new game without the keep settings.
Message 12 of 25 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much been angry about this all day. If this fix works you are the boss.com if not oh well good try

Message 13 of 25 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I hope it helps. Yeah you wont have the keep if you havent hade a save before. But whould be able to play. i was stuck in loading dragon server before i turned my net off.. So hope its just that.. 

For the problem that was posted the fix is in page 1.. And if should be post somewere about this problem to.. 

Did not find the post but the fix is:

1. Deleted the game.
2. Set the game to download.
3. Pause the update.
4. Fully install the games (All 44gb. Press start on the game in the xmb then select information to see when this is complete)
5. Start the game. (This will start the update)
6. Install the update.
7. Play

Message 14 of 25 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here on PS4. Downloading now for the THIRD time, have paused the update file so hopefully workaround will work. How hard would it be to inform new buyers of this problem so we don't waste a ton of our time, EA?

Message 15 of 25 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Confirmed. Please be patient. I originally got the ce34780 error when attempting to play the DA I deluxe after the initial 5ish gb download. I then let it finish it's 44 or so gig and it played normally. It is not necessary to delete or unistall anything. I hope this works for you. Ps, to check status of downlaod, it's located settings>system application management> DA:I and should say gigs of downloaded out of 44.2 and once it says complete, your in business
Message 16 of 25 (969 Views)

★★★ Novice
I still can't believe that the only help from developers was "try restarting your system". The automatic go-to of any tech support idiot. How about some helpful information, like what this random guy figured out without any assistance from EA? Could you give us any other information? Do we have to wait for the full 45gig download, or can we start update and add-on files after the first 5gigs? How about just some basic customer service for those of us shelling out hundreds on your games? Weird concept right?
Message 17 of 25 (873 Views)

★★★ Novice
The flagged solution doesn't work. I'm now on my third download. I was able to get to the main menu after the second download though. Progress! Still no help from EA.

After I got to the main menu I thought "ok, now let's download that update and the dlc addons". After those installed, I tried starting the game again and got the same crash with the same error.

PLEASE HELP ME EA!
Message 18 of 25 (852 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm sorry but this is the only workaround we know. we can only hope for a new patch  Or someting. idk what. But frome what i know some people have gotten a refund frome sony. And people should get the disc version. But some problem whit the disc version have this problem to.. so again idk what is going on  

Message 19 of 25 (847 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is the last game I buy from play station store. Ridiculous. Can't get any customer support.
Message 20 of 25 (842 Views)